“Beautiful interior and nice food”

Loch Fyne Fisheries
Ranked #724 of 1,279 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful interior and nice food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Lovely inside this converted church; high ceilings and wood paneling. Had seafood tagliatelle and you can't go wrong with anything that has cream, wine and garlic in, so it tasted lovely, albeit slightly skimping on the seafood. Quite expensive at £14.95 each without drinks, but a nice treat. Will be trying the dish myself at home. Service was good and friendly. Week day and was very quiet (it's huge inside so it's more obvious when it's empty), but still nice atmosphere! They sell fresh lobster etc. at the entrance at inflated prices but it's a nice novelty factor. Worth a visit!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeeve

uk
“Gone from Great to less than average”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Sadly this resturant seems to have gone downhill since our previous visits.

Previously the staff had been very knowledgable about the food and were happy to recommend items and how best the fish would be cooked. Unfortunatley this time all the staff were able to do were inform us of everything that wasn't on the menu for our visit and that there was a fish and chip special - how I wish I had gone for that option!

My food was average and was not worth the money. For my starter I had Smoked Salmon Ashet. In previous visits this had been lovely and consisted of 3 different cuts of salmon. This time it was 3 small bits of smoked salmon, 2 on a horseraddish sauce and the other wrapped around an apple!?

For the main course they forgot to bring one of my side dishes. The twice cooked chips were not what they were either, they were more like mccain home fries.

Between courses we were not asked once how for the food was and if everything was OK and we had to get up and ask a waiter for another bottle of wine. If they had of been busy then you could maybe forgive them if the service hadn't been up to scratch but they were quiet and the service was poor.

On a plus point the surroundings are very nice.

It's a shame as this has gone from a great resturant to less than average. I'm not sure if I would go back again.

• Visited January 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“This place has gone downhill ”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time in a year that we have been to this restaurant and we have previously enjoyed great food and service.

Unfortunately, the latest experience was far from great. The service is now very slow and staff less enthusiastic and knowledgeable than previously.

I also couldn't believe how bad the food was. I ordered the tempura crab and I couldn't identify what was on my plate, it certainly wasn't all edible and I struggled to find any crab. For the main I ordered the bream and it came served with a tiny drop of hollandaise sauce on top of the soggy fish skin.

I feel like the attention to detail has gone from this place.

To summarise, the surroundings are nice but unfortunately, the service isn't up to scratch and the food is poor and over priced.

Port de Pollenca, Spain
“Very average ”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We went here on Christmas Eve for lunch on recommendation .
The staff seemed really friendly & the service good , but the food was a real let down my father had oysters which he saw the chef washing when he opened them so they were not really up to standard , I had the lobster which was really tough & dry , we waited a while between courses so I presume it had been sat there waiting! It's a lovely restaurant inside old church , shame the food just was not up to scratch . I don't think I would go back as it was not cheap either.

“Great food, lovely staff.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited Loch Fyne for a Christmas night out so had 3 courses for £19.95, which was amazing value. The food was delicious and the staff were very helpful, friendly and polite. The restaurant itself is absolutely stunning - it's a converted church and we were seated on the mezzanine. The portion sizes weren't massive but the food was so tasty it was certainly a case of quality over quantity. The chocolate mousse was divine. No complaints at all, the only minor annoyance was that it was a bit too hot and a few of us had to use the menu as a fan to try and cool down! Will definitely be visiting again and will recommend to family and friends.

• Visited December 2013