“7 Happy diners”
Review of Super Natural

Super Natural
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m writing this partly as a reaction to the last review and partly to give credit where it is deserved. Myself and 6 friends went to Supernatural to celebrate a birthday. 2 of us are vegetarian, the rest are not. We had a variety of dishes from the menu, ranging from curries to burgers and we all enjoyed our meals. We chose Supernatural because it isn’t a chain that churns out the same old mass produced staples. Everything is freshly cooked and the manager is very keen to ensure that everyone is happy with their food. We were introduced to the chef and in a jokey way told to blame him if anything was wrong with the food. I can assure you that our crowd wouldn’t hesitate to speak up if they weren’t happy. When I first started eating a vegetarian diet I have to admit it took some adjusting to. Maybe that was the case with the last review and the shock of no meat was a bit too much.

1  Thank wanderbear
Mark M, Manager at Super Natural, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for that! All of us at SN appreciate it so much, we do our very best to make great fresh vegan food and it means a lot to us that you left this review :)

Write a reviewReviews (188)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not vegan but it's a view point I'm respectful of. I deduced from the various animal loving and political quotes prominently displayed on the walls a semi-religious devotion to the vegan ideology. However, the staff all seemed very friendly and we weren't asked to prove our credentials for being there or engaged in debate. The menu is a traditional vegetarian British menu but with all the diary products swapped for commercially available vegan alternatives. This is not how vegan cuisine should be done. My party had 2 different burgers and a soup and our verdict on our meals ranged from unpleasant to so disgusting as to put her off our evening meal some hours later. None of us managed to eat more than 2/3 of our food, despite being very hungry when we arrived after a long train journey. Avoid until the menu and cooking catching up with what I expect is quite a recent switch to veganism.

Mark M, Manager at Super Natural, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

First of all it states on the menu that we will change any food you're not happy with and we have a huge range of vegan food on our menu (curries, lasagne, pizza, salads etc). All made fresh on site and not with 'commercially available alternatives' as you stated.

We are not recent converts having ran a veggie / vegan restaurant for over 6 years so you also have that wrong.
We are certainly not 'militant' either, something else you got wrong.
Why would you be asked to 'prove your credentials'?? That's just laughable.
You're not vegan but you seem to think you know everything about veganism which is strange.
As you can see by the other reviews from our amazing customers this review comes across as suspicious at best and downright libellous at worst.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I popped in for lunch and were very impressed with the menu in this natural cafe. It was very easy to choose a gluten free option and I really enjoyed my tasty jacket spud with roasted vegetables, hummus, coleslaw and salad! My daughter also enjoyed a wild berry smoothie!

There were some amazing looking cakes which if we weren’t rushing off to catch a train we would definitely have indulged in!

Loved the artwork on the walls too!

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

We visited the Super Natural for the first time on Saturday morning and whilst my wife is a vegetarian, I am not, and yet it was a pleasant breakfast experience. There were quite a few people in the cafe and there was a good selection of food. We both went for the full breakfast and to be honest there was so much food I struggled to clear my plate. It was all very tasty, with the exception of the “scrambled egg” which wasn’t to my taste. However, would definitely visit again, wholesome food, nice atmosphere and attentive staff.

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

The menu has a good range of choice and I can certainly recommend the vegan breakfast, although undecided on the scrambled egg!

The restaurant itself has a relaxed atmosphere, we would definitely call again.

Date of visit: August 2019