“Busy but still fantastic !”
Review of Mamma Mia - CLOSED

Mamma Mia
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional Italian restaurant with a cosy and relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Usually try to make it to this little gem a of a restaurant every once in a while but usually book a table. The one night I didn't in the middle of december I somehow thought there would be a table :S But after a few beers at the bar we were sat and soon after an amazing bowel of pene bolognaise arrived which must say was one of the best I have had! Big love to mamma mias and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

It was nice to find an individual competitively priced restaurant in the center of Newcastle but the food and service were very disappointing,.My sister and I both ordered the red mullet, unfortunately it tasted as if it had been in the bottom of the freezer for many months before finding its way onto our plates surrounded by a sauce which was like sweet tomato soup, we complained to the waiter who then completely ignored us for the rest of the evening. My desert was memorable, Mamma's Mess (and it certainly was) raspberry icecream, mint icecream,a microscopic amount of toffee sauce and merangue -not pleasant . The pizza going to the surrounding tables smelt good

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant a few times with friends on a saturday night and it has been great therefore before visiting the thearte on a wednesday evening I took a party of ten - all ages.

Food was great and tasty although they did seem to run out of pamersan cheese which they tried to cover up by stating that they needed to grate it!

Service was the only let down - was very vague and between the three staff they didnt seem overly bothered which also impacted on the atmosphere. Two also smelt of cigarette smoke and as we left the restuarant there he was smoking outside.

Bill was around £130.00 and for two courses each, two bottles of wine, beers, soft drinks and coffees I thought this was reasonable.

Would not let this put you off however next time I visit I hope for a more attentive service

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went on a lunchtime.The olives and bread basket were very good as starters.

My choice wasn't on the Happy Hour menu but I still had the Intenso pizza at the normal price.

The base was excellent but I was a little disappointed in the toppings. The ingredients didn't do the base justice. Similarly with my wife's pizza.

The atmosphere, staff and decor were first class and I would certainly give it another try.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Took our 2 little princess's here last night before we went to see disney on ice. We were made to feel very welcome, food was served quickly and was of a very high standard. All staff were very attentive and polite at all times.
Our little girls really enjoyed it, the atmosphere was lovely, look forward to returning with the family.