“Love this place”

Mamma Mia
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional Italian restaurant with a cosy and relaxed atmosphere.
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been going to this place since i was 13 im now 28 and i still love going.

Food is great atmosphere is great

I will be a customer for many years to come

mamma46mias, Owner at Mamma Mia, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear 28, you look very young to us. Thank you for the review and keep on coming back to us. We really appreciate your custom.

Newcastle
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

went to Mamma Mias last night, hadn't been for a while but as its a favourite of ours we were looking forward to going back - what a disappointment. The food was so bland. We shared a seafood pasta and a bolognese pizza. The pasta had no flavour and I could count the amount of seafood on one hand. As for the pizza, well, the topping covered about 2 3rds of the pizza and again no flavour. Maybe we should have said something on the night but the place was very busy didn't think it would have made any difference. Needless to say we won't be going back which is a shame as we've going there for years.

mamma46mias, Owner at Mamma Mia, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer I am really sorry you didn't enjoy your food. It doesn't matter how busy we are, you views count. I wish you had said sometime on the night, I will simply not stand for sub-standard food. If you weren't happy we could have done something there and then. I am sorry you wont be back, because I would have liked the opportunity to change your mind. This is the one thing I need, feedback at the time. We will always start again. If a customer doesn't like their food or wants it a different way, we will change it without any fuss. Please note for visits to other restaurants, if you are not happy please say at the time. No restaurant wants to get written feedback, when verbal feedback is to quick and easy to remedy.
“Comfort food, good service”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We managed to get a table on a Saturday night without a booking, so were not sure what we would get. Lovely, homely food with generous portions and A relaxed atmosphere. The ham in the carbonara was just wonderful. Th beef in the stew just melted in the mouth. The decor is dodgy but the food more than made up for it.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“good little place”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

food is fine and service ok but not so good with a bigger group on day we were there, have been many times in groups of 4 and they were great with smaller orders

Visited July 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not as it was :-(”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This used to be my favourite place to eat in Newcastle for many years. It has been over a year since I was last here and the service and food is not as good as it used to be.

I have never seen the place so empty in the 12 years I have been coming