“Awful service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of As You Like It

As You Like It
Reserve with OpenTable
As You Like It is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Bar, British, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Awful service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm sad to write this as it was lovely on my lady visit and that was what made us go back but this evening it was really poor. The waitress had to be reminded to bring my drink after only serving my husbands. I then had to remind her for a jug of water and we asked twice for a dessert list. The bill came, it was wrong and then it took for me to chase this up. Really not good. The menu I felt was lacking in creativity, many dishes seemed to be using a job lot of the same ingredients. My risotto was crispy and the dessert menu was not awfully enticing. Such a shame, I'd like to be more positive but I'm afraid I can't.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Great atmosphere, good service, hit or miss food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We managed to get a table for 8 at the last minute on a Saturday night which was surprising as I know usually you have to book a while in advance. We were given a nice big round table which is always good as everyone can talk to each other. The service was really good and we were never waiting long for courses or to be asked if we wanted more drinks. I had the soup and haddock strips both of which were nice but not mind-blowing by any means. My husband had the seafood cocktail to start - he was disappointed that 'seafood' just consisted of 3 prawns and a small wrap of salmon, then the burger where the burger itself was quite thin and disappointing. We both agreed the homemade chips were excellent though. Everyone else in the party seemed to enjoy their food.

Overall it was a good relaxed meal in a great atmosphere.

“Not so clever.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited last Sunday.....4 adults...set menu poor choice so opted for the main menu.......service fine.....although I don't need to be asked 17 times if I need another drink.....the food was acceptable but not memorable...and when you drop £ 150.00 for 4 with no bottles of wine and just few drinks then I want the food to be MEMORABLE.....this place is popular and great for a night out with friends......but don't expect AA Rosette food.We will return........

“Quiet for Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch with few friends. Very quiet at Lunch time as it was mid week. Food was good and enjoyed it. Service was very slow considering it was very quiet.
I would give it another try as the food was very good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Good Food & Dinning Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant i find is a great place for groups of friends, couples, families - basically any kind of dinning experience in this large shabby chic style restaurant. I ate here with a friend using my "Taste Card" which offers 241 on 3 coursers which is great value.
The food portions are of a good size and after two coursers we were very much about to explode, the As You Like It burger is always a popular choice here but this time i went for the steak which was cooked to perfection and tasted a lot nicer than my recent visit to Marco Pierre Whites Steak House which has got to say something! The side dishes are slightly pricey but big enough to share between two so be aware of that as we over ordered on the sides!
All in all a very fantastic meal and atmosphere and i will return with or without the Taste Card.

• Visited January 2013