“Excellent food”
Review of As You Like It

As You Like It
Reserve with OpenTable
As You Like It is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went for my friend's birthday and had lovely food. We used Taste card and got 50% discount,which was great. All three courses were lovely. The staff was very pleasant. Although, we had to wait for a while before we got our bill. I think they were just trying not to rush us.
Will go for lunch again and try different dishes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,349)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Loved this restaurant. Great atmosphere, service, food and wine. They have some very different wines from unusual places. The decor is wonderful. Good for romance or with a group of friends. Highly recommended

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visited on a Friday night with a friend before heading into town to see a show,, we had not booked but they managed to fit us in,, next time would book,,, great food and service,, timed our meal just right to make the show,,, would have loved to stay longer,,, next time!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

2nd visit

Went with a party of 12 early on a Saturday evening (6.30) to get better service before it got too busy. We didn't. It took a few minutes for somebody to come to take our drinks order, then 15 minutes for the drink to arrive..after reminding them. Lots of staff seemed to be more interested in having a chat than serving us, and it was difficult to catch their eye.
Somebody asked for water and we were brought bottled water without being given the option of tapwater. As drinks were served the food order was taken, but we waited for at least 15 or 20 minutes for the starters to arrive.
The tempura prawns met with universal approval, my raw beef salad was tiny with hardly any meat in it. My wife ordered the duck with peanut, expecting peanut sauce, but it came with a small bowl of salted peanuts!
Main courses were good except my wifes thai curry which was more like soup as the curry was ready poured over the rice, not in a seperate bowl. Wine was expensive, the waiting staff seemed clueless, overall not good. Just go for a drink downstairs and eat elsewhere.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went here for a family meal last night and we all had a lovely time. All the starters mains and even the side dishes were absolutely delicious. one of the best meals I've had and thanks to the chef for banging up a mushroom white wine sauce for my fillet after I found that only peppercorn sauce seemed to be available! Glad I asked if anything else was possible. Only a couple of little things... It was a lot quieter than normal so the atmosphere wasn't as merry, but it was a Thursday night so that can be understandable. Also, Coors light on tap was off all night, no grouse whiskey and no coke by the bottle, but hey ho. Do think that maybe some meals were a couple of pound overpriced but by word, my fillet steak was gorgeous, my partners rib eye was a mouth watering size and would deffo recommend a steak! what a lovely evening!