“Amazing food and good service”
Review of El Coto

El Coto
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Authentic Spanish Tapas restaurant serving fresh home cooked food in rustic surroundings. We also have a front bar and outside terrace for the warmer months.
England
“Amazing food and good service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've been here 3 times now and would come weekly if I could! Amazing food (I particularly liked 2 of the chicken dishes I had) and very good service.

Atherton, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem in the City”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant in May 2013 on a Friday evening at 7.30 p.m. at the start of the evening trade. I was in a party of 4 and when we arrived it appeared to be a very small quiet bar but we were then escorted to the restaurant at the back which was a comfortable size. The service was excellent and we chose one of the 4 different full tapas menus. We selected the El Coto tapas which was the second cheapest at £16.95 a head. We were served with many starters and I had ordered both the Red and White tempranilla house wines which were excellent value and quality. The main course tapas were then delivered all together once we had thoroughly enjoyed our starters. All in all excellent value for money at less than £100 for the 4 of us including all the food and wines. We were all too full to want to order any desserts. My wife and I are Senior citizens and my nephew and his wife are in their forties and we all thought that it was a fabulous night out.

Gateshead
“authentic spanish dining experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We are regular visitors to this lovely spanish restaurant. It is by far the most authentic spanish experience you will get outside of spain. The majority of the staff are spanish and very friendly. The tapas are beautifully cooked and if you chose the selection for 2 at 15pounds a head you get more than your money's worth. We can never manage to eat it all there is just so much choice and you get tonnes. I would recommend the pork in creamy blue cheese source it is divine. Also Pollo Pepitorio, (which is tender chicken breast in a creamy tomatoe souce) Croquetas de pescado (Beautifully creamy fish croquets with a garlic mayo) and arroz de verduras (vegetable rice). We love the place and you won't be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
“First and Last Tapas”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We came here this weekend for my friend's birthday. There was a group of 6 of us and we were seated very quickly. After a couple of minutes the waiter came over and asked us for our drinks order, we all ordered individually and he repeated back to us what we had ordered. One of our group noticed that all the lads were drinking San Miguel and all the girls were drinking cider. When he mentioned this, the waiter looked very blankly at him, didn't laugh and didn't smile.

I've never had tapas before so I was a little apprehensive. But the menu is easy enough to understand and our friends recommended that we have 3 dishes each. We all decided what we wanted to order and then we sat around and chatted for ages. Eventually a different waiter came over and took our order. This gentleman was very friendly and didn't mind spending a bit of time with us.

Within a couple of minutes of ordering, our food started to arrive. We were expecting it all to arrive at a similar time but one couple had all their food arrive, and another couple had nothing for a good 7-10 minutes.

I had the chirozo frito which had such a strong taste! You got a lot of chirizo pieces considering it came in such a tiny dish. I also had the Papas Bravas which were thin pieces of potato covered in a tomato sauce. The pieces of potato were either so crispy I couldn't eat them, or so soft that they weren't very nice. The tomato sauce was also quite watery. It wasn't very tomatoey and wasn't very nice. These two dishes I found to be very oily.

For my final dish I had the Brocheta de Pollo which was chicken pieces on a skewer. I didn't read the menu properly because I ended up with more potato thingys which again, were either too hard or too soft. The chicken was gorgeous though, but i wish there had been more than just the 1 skewer with 4 pieces of chicken on.

Overall I didn't enjoy our tapas experience. The waiters looked bored and disinterested in us. They cleared our plates before we had finished properly and didn't asl us whether everything had been alright.

north east england
“TAPAS TIME”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I went with a group and had a really nice time, enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, and portions are resaonable unlike some tapas places

Visited October 2012