“TAPAS TIME”
Review of El Coto

El Coto
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Description: Authentic Spanish Tapas restaurant serving fresh home cooked food in rustic surroundings. We also have a front bar and outside terrace for the warmer months.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I went with a group and had a really nice time, enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, and portions are resaonable unlike some tapas places

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As we where not sure what was what we choose the set menu for £15.95 A mixture of dishes arrived starting with a large plate of bread which we should not have had to much of before the plates started to arrive there was some thing for everyone, with lots of lovely flavors. The staff were very attentive and the atmosphere was great with a large number of Spanish in the restaurant so it much be right.
We will return a good night out,

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went as a group to celebrate one of our friends birthdays and I must say we were not disappointed.

Everyone choose the set menu for £16.95 (they do have a cheaper one) and the amount of dishes was plenty A mixture of dishes, some thing for everyone, with lots of lovely flavors.

Don't be put off by what any of the other reviews say I am always honest in my reviews and these people who go on here just to moan I wonder if they have nothing else better to do.

The staff were lovely and very attentive and the atmosphere was great.

Everyone in the group said it was a great choice and that they would return.

1  Thank spencer1963
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a meal at El Coto last night to celebrate my birthday. You choose a selection of tapas at different prices. We went for the 16.95 per person for 4. The food was very good with a selection of cold dishes arriving first and them a selection of hot one. The calamares was slightly undercooked and the bread with tomato on it was soggy. Apart from these two moans all the meat dishes were very well cooked. The albondigas (meat balls) were the best I have ever tasted.There was ample food and although we also had a 7 year old helping out we were unable to finish everything.

Everything was completely authentic and having lived in Spain for many years I am well qualified to judge this. Waiters were all Spanish and spoke to me in Spanish too. The flamenco singing in the background is not to my taste though.

All in all a very good experience which was a fitting end to a very happy birthday!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Me & my mother visited El Coto yesterday after being recommended by a friend. We ordered king prawns, chicken skewers, lamb, potatoes... And all were very tasty! We enjoyed it so much we will be back! The waitresses were very pleasant also.. & perfectly attentive when needed. This restaurant has a very nice feel to it. Hopefully next time it's warm enough to sit in the garden!