“Not for the Greek purist, but nice food, tasty quick”
Review of Kafeneon

Kafeneon
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friendly family run restaurant, with a warm atmosphere and amazing freshly prepared food. Great for any occasion so give it a try!
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Called in on a Tuesday evening, plenty of tables free.
The service was fast and efficient, the food was tasty and there was plenty of it. I think although the menu is related to Greek it wouldn’t please the purists, the kebabs were more like you’d get in a kebab house than a restaurant in Greece. The sweet menu was a case in point with a wide choice but only Baklava being Greek.
Enjoyable meal, tasty and served quickly but not for the Greek purist.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I dined here with my partner for a pre-theatre meal on a Tuesday. The cafe was quiet but it was early and it was beginning to fill up by the time we left. For starters I had bruschetta and my partner had pitta and dips, they were both very generous portion sizes and tasted delicious. For main I had chicken and veg souvlaki and my partner had beef stiffado, again both very good and generous portions which left us both feeling very full. It is a nice cafe full of Greek character and I would certainly go again!

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Saturday very busy, great atmosphere. The food and service as usual was excellent. Love the moussaka, my husband likes the homemade hamburgers. This cafe is always consistent never had a bad experience. Would have no problem recommending this place to my friends and family.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

As a long-time customer, I would, and frequently do, recommend Kafe Neon to anyone looking for somewhere to eat in Newcastle city centre.

A great atmosphere both day and night, service with a smile is always guaranteed from the friendly staff. As for the food, I haven't had a bad meal to date! With the varied menu, there should be something to tempt all tastes, and it is without doubt excellent value for money. My personal favourite is the pork gyros, better even than gyros dishes I had on a recent trip to Greece! You also can't go wrong with one of their delicious, fresh salads when eating at an outside table on a sunny day.

Whether you're looking for a place to grab a bite while shopping or a cosy spot for dinner, Kafe Neon is a real gem. I couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch last Friday and picked our favourite place to eat, Kafeneon. The food never disappoints. We have fallen in love with their new take away sandwich wraps so much so that we asked for them to eat inside instead of takeaway. The food is always fresh and tasty, service is always friendly with a smile. Can't praise the place enough and would highly recommend to anyone.