Caffe Zonzo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is absolutely fantastic value! The Peasants menu at £3.95 is brilliant, different choices too as well as a great range, not just standard pizza, Bolognese etc. I had meatballs with penne and the sauce was delicious. Service was very pleasant although maybe a little slow. But an evening with friends meant it didn't affect our evening at all. Will definitely return.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have eaten here on many occasions but after not visiting for a while (probably a couple of years!) we went for a nice family lunch and I have to say the food was just as fabulous as ever. Authentic Italian cuisine at very reasonable prices and excellent homemade Italian puds! The staff were excellent with the children and couldn't have been friendlier - great service. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Now that I'm writing this I am wondering why on earth I haven't done it sooner! We have been eating here since before my children were born (my eldest is 10) and I can say hand on heart I have never not enjoyed a meal. We came as a couple, we came with babies in car seats, with young noisy toddlers, and now with restaurant- savvy children who really know their good food and request Zonzo every Saturday! We haunt this cafe most Saturday lunchtimes and enjoy the occasional meal without the kids on an evening too. The food is absolutely delicious (and very very reasonably priced). We have our favourite dishes but have tried most things over the years and all are packed with flavour and cooked to perfection. The cafe itself is a lovely environment to spend time in, with quirky pieces of art and great background music. However the best thing about this place (other than the food of course!) is the family who own and run it. Nina and family, you have five stars from us every time.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

If it is simply fantastic authentic Italian food you want to experience in a relaxed atmosphere then this is the very best!!!!
I have been lucky enough to travel the world ....... I spent a lot of my childhood experiencing Italy ..... I grew up eating my Italian grandmothers wonderful cooking.
I am, I believe, qualified enough to tell you that THIS IS THE VERY BEST AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE!!
Just as important is the welcome you receive from the staff whom are obviously all part of one family.
There is a genuine passion in this family for this business. You can taste it in the food.
There is simply no compromise anywhere.
If you are in Newcastle don't miss the experience, I promise you will love it.

2  Thank Carlocitrone
Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a great restaurant! The staff were wonderfully accommodating and warm and welcoming. My meal was ver nice. Thanks for a lovely time!

1  Thank Casey H