“Little hidden gem”

At Bangkok Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The name reflects the best aspects of life in Bangkok where tradition blends effortlessly with modern life. At here ,we wish to recreate the feeling and atmosphere of many Bangkok’s café. The customers can come and enjoy the authentic Thai food in an informal environment that is simply ,contemporary and affordable Our café’s atmosphere and decoration therefore are a mixture of the trend and tradition and here is where we believe to establish the long term relationship with our customers . Our food is authentic taste and cooked in traditional way to get the authentic Thai flavour as well as in affordable priceWe can take party up to 30 people . Please email us .
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We visited the Bangkok Cafe twice this month and will be back. The food is simple but surprisingly good. Try the noodle soups and the Spring rolls: delicious! And you find that the bill is a nice surprise as well. Very good value for money!

There are newer reviews for At Bangkok Cafe

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have visited here several times and always love it. The food is hot, hot, hot and the owner is never too busy to chat to people about the menu. We love the papaya salad and the Thai noodle soup, and as wine is a bit of a waste with spicy food, I always go for the 5 flower tea - fantastic combination. And pretty reasonable too.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have visited this place several times with my partner or in groups and always I come out satisfied.
The place is really cosy and quite you won't believe such a good food can be found in an around-the-corner restaurant. From the starters I really like their special Thai salad and the chicken skewers, I barely eat chicken as I don't like the taste but I tried it when others ordered and the sauce on it is really nice.
I have tried almost all of the mains and I can't say which one is my favourite, but the red curry and the dish that they make with cod is amazing, the first time I had it I couldn't believe it was fish I was having. The noodle dishes are really delicious too. The portions are massive I always have to ask them to pack rest of my food for take away. By the way don't forget to order the coconut rice with your curries. The rainbow desert is really nice too.
I dined there with a friend who is an expert in Thai food and she absolutely loved it.
Above all, you'll get 10% student discount showing a valid NU cards.
My only criticism is about the waiters and their poor English, although they do their job very well.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hi
I have just had lunch at the Thai Bangkok cafe and have to say i was very disappointed,Very Slow service given there was only 3 tables in I went for Som Tum salad starter This wasn't too bad although it was only a small plate of shredded carrot and a couple of pieces of tomato £5.50 was a bit steap. Then my main course Pad Kaprow (sorry if spelt wrong) This should be a Beef stir fry dish with Thai Holy Basil And Chilli's, Mine had none of these the beef was like Braising steak (good in a stew) not so good for this dish there was no chillis and no Thai Basil, When i mentioned this I got told they alway use spanish Basil!!! ??? and i should have asked for chillis!!!??? £16.00 later for carrots and braising steak with 1 glass of soda water...Never again

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food (I had tempura prawns which was to die for, and chicken Pad Thai which was equally delicious), but takes FOREVER to get served.

We were in a large group, but it was booked well in advance, so it wasn't like we too them by surprise. Our table was booked for 6pm, we ordered around 6.15pm, starters arrived at 7, mains started arriving at 8.30pm, with the last of them arriving at 8.50pm, by which time some people had already finished.

If you have plenty of time, this place is worth a look. It's small, wholesome with great grub. Unless you're in a hurry, then you won't get very far!

3  Thank JTraveller84