“My go-to choice every time”
Review of Pani's Cafe Bar

Pani's Cafe Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pani's Café opened January 1995 and run by a family of brothers and sisters. It was one of the first Italian style café in Newcastle. As authentically Italian as you can get without actually going to Italy. In Pani's Café you can find a different menu for day and night and a constantly updated special board. We offer you the chance to experience Italian home cooked food and to savour an authentic Italian coffee in a convivial atmosphere. A little piece of Italy in the heart of a beautiful city!!!
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“My go-to choice every time”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've been going to Pani's for years and it never lets me down. The staff go out of their way to be friendly, and do their best to remember you if you go back. Most importantly, everything I've eaten has been delicious and fresh, the daily pasta and risotto specials in particular. The value is unbeatable.- huge panini of excellent, fresh quality, in great surroundings for fewer pennies than a substandard wrap from a chain brand that you'd have to eat on the Monument steps. Plus I've never seen a child leave without being handed a homemade biscuit from the jar. It's a real little gem that has never lost its family-run charm. Everyone I've taken has made it their favourite too.

2 Thank Pangit363

• Polish first
newcastle
“Shocking”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

1st we orderd our drinks 2 cokes they were flat then our mains came my risotto well I've never seen anything like it it looked awfull and tasted worse to describe it , it looked like a bowl of frog spawn I don't know where the good revewiers are coming from ?

2 Thank simbaNewcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Italian food that is down to earth”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to a friend, first visit for me. Was busy for a weekday evening.

The restaurant is in the city centre and overall terracotta colour walled décor. The staff were friendly and efficient.

I ordered the Pani’s Bruschetta as starter, simply presented, all the ingredients are fresh and they work well together. My main course was malloreddus con Ragu di Selvaggina, it was a pasta dish is the heart of Italian cooking. The dessert was tartufo al Cioccolato Affogato which was not bad although not quite as good as the main course.

Not expensive to eat and a good place to visit. Definite would visit again.

2 Thank Victor L
“Friendly atmosphere with generous delicious food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Staff are friendly and welcoming, food excellent and atmosphere lively. Definitely a favourite place for lunch when in Newcastle.

2 Thank Rebecca S
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Decent Food”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've been here twice. Overall, everything was good, from the food, staffs and the place. The size of the food was really sufficient. The taste, I would say was decent and good.
I had tried the ravioli, seafood salad, and fregola. Everything was good, and definitely would return if got the chance.

2 Thank melanieang