“Great little cafe/restaurant..”

Pani's Cafe Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pani's Café opened January 1995 and run by a family of brothers and sisters. It was one of the first Italian style café in Newcastle. As authentically Italian as you can get without actually going to Italy. In Pani's Café you can find a different menu for day and night and a constantly updated special board. We offer you the chance to experience Italian home cooked food and to savour an authentic Italian coffee in a convivial atmosphere. A little piece of Italy in the heart of a beautiful city!!!
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just off Grey Street in Newcastle this is well worth a visit. Very friendly staff provide quick and efficient service. Tasty food and the best thick hot chocolate.
Varied and interesting menu and great for a quick lunch too. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Gwen J
There are newer reviews for Pani's Cafe Bar

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went here as someone from my work said it was reasonable and the food was good. Pani's is a unique little venue with a bit of character unlike many new restaurants these days. The bruschetta had a very generous helping of mozarella and main course of lobster ravioli was good and made a change from the usual pasta dishes offered on menus. My partner had the prawn risotto which was also good but one of the most memorable parts of our meal was the wine an unusual slighlty sparkling red that certainly grew on us over the course of the meal. We rounded off fabulous liqueur coffees, service was efficient and pleasant from arriving at the restaurant to taking the bill. Pani's is on a part of High Bridge that doesn't look like the most inviting street to go down but make the effort you will be very impressed.

2  Thank Joleenlondon
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I visited here today I just happened to spot it and remembered it being pretty decent on TripAdvisor. Having been to Italy a few times I can say it really reminded me of being back there, the staff were friendly and the food was high quality for a very reasonable price. I had 2 fillets of seabass with black pasta in lemongrass the skin was crisp the fish was moist no bones, the pasta was tasty and not greasy it was al dente and I enjoyed every bit of it. The desserts were similarly authentic and delicious. If you want a cheap pizza from a crappy chain Italians then don't bother going. If you want something more authentic, great food and exceptional prices then give it a try. It is up a little alley off Grey street easy to just wander past. I'm looking forward to going back next time I'm in Newcastle.

2  Thank chinarose87
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Found Pani's for the first time about a week ago and am just so excited to have found an authentic Italian/Sardinian restaurant in Newcastle :-) Can't wait to go back, try everything on the menu and take my family! I had the black tagliolini which was amazing and my friend, the home made ravioli. Service and welcome brilliant. See you soon!

2  Thank Sezzas
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've been here a few times it's hard to find stuck in a back lane near the centre of town but I'd definitely recommend a visit. The food is always good - and reasonably priced. Never been disappointed yet.

2  Thank DiscerningG66