“authentic & mouthwatering Indian”
Review of Sachins Restaurant

Sachins Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2010

one of the authentic india cuisine. best is that there is no addisive used in the food.
even got the catering done for 50 people and it was realy worth paying the price for the quality food and service provided by sachins. just waiting to do another function. great value for money

Reviewed April 20, 2010

The food at Sachin's is invariably excellent in my experience. I tend to go in a larger group, usually for a birthday or other occasion. Sometimes it has to be said that the staff struggle to cope with large numbers, getting confused with orders, etc. However, I took a group of nearly 20 there last week, and we pre-ordered a banquet, which was a good move. It was the "Feast for four", obviously multiplied several times The starters were excellent mixed tandoori sizzling platters, one between two. These didn't quite all get finished, despite my best efforts - just slightly too much food. This paled into insignificance, however, compared to the staggering quantity we got for main courses. There were two chicken dishes, one lamb, one prawn, one vegetable, dahl, nans and rice - again, multiplied several times. I don't think we managed to eat more than half of the curries, there was so much. The waiter assured me we had the right quantity, but we had to leave a distressingly large amount! We had two vegetarians with us, so they got a different, apparently very nice starter, then some extra vegetarian dishes. I would definitely recommend a banquet for large groups, but the normal menu is also very good for smaller parties.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

Sachins most certainly delivers the finest punjabi cuisine every time. A must for those who have not yet tried and tested!

Reviewed March 4, 2010

Lovely restaurant with really nice 'feel' to it. Despite being very busy the night we were there, the staff couldn't have been more friendly or attentive. We didn't have a reservation, but they managed to squeeze us in after a short wait with a cold drink. The starters arrived promptly and were absolutely delicious. If anything the main courses were even better! Two of our party didn't want their food too spicy and the other two couldn't have it spicy enough, yet our waiter managed to recommend several dishes that were perfect for everyone. If you want delicious, traditional Punjabi cuisine at a very reasonable price, I really do recommend this place highly.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

I was recommended this restaurant as having the best Indian food in Newcastle so I was quite disappointed as I thought the food there was average and I have had better take aways. The service was good though the location is a bit out the way to other restaurants in the city.