“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for over 20 years but not so often recently. Returned last night four of us. The food was excellent as usual the quality never changes. Some of the dishes are the same as 20 years ago. EG The Sachins Tandoori starter for two. All the meals were excellent. The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that the service was slow,but it was a busy Saturday night.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

As part of a party of 14 we opted for several large sharing dishes to give everyone a chance to taste bits of everything. I am funny with Indian food as sometimes I'm a big fan and other times I swear I'll never eat it again. This trip would be placed firmly in the category of the former.

All of the food that I sampled on this occasion was delicious and the general consensus amongst more experienced Indian food fans was that this was a great meal. The atmosphere in Sachin's is a particular high point as the lighting adds a certain ambience to the occasion, in combination with the highly tasteful neutral decor inside.

Very nice, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I ate at this restaurant after reading all the positive reviews and whilst I very much doubt it is the best Indian restaurant in Newcastle as is stated in some of the reviews the food was well presented and tasty. My one criticism is the amount of flies in the restaurant which meant that my napkin was used as a fly swot as opposed to its correct use. I will definitely return although probably when the weather has cooled down and therefore the threat of sharing my meal with flies has greatly reduced.

1  Thank davidbA4037OS
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

What can I say- fantastic quality, beautiful presentation a brilliant atmosphere. If you like Indian food you'll love Sachins. Great value too!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

went with the wife on monday night still quiet busy my wife opted for prawn starter & main both really nice and juicy perfectly cooked
i had the mushroom starter and a chicken main both fantastic with a nice bottle of wine we will be going back soon