“Great indian food - great location”
Review of Sachins Restaurant

Sachins Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Perfect location if you're going to the Arena but be sure to book as they were busy even at 6pm. The service was attentive and friendly - the food was great too. Something special and a lovely ambience for a relaxing evening - or even if you're in a rush to get to Strictly!

BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi Jon S
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your meal.
As you rightly point out we are a stones throw away from the Arena.
We look forward too seeing you soon and hopefully before Strictly is back at the arena!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We booked this restaurant on the strength of the many positive reviews and also from the info on Sachin's website. We were a party of six from Leeds spending a long weekend in Newcastle and wanted somewhere really special for the Saturday evening. We were not disappointed as when we arrived the whole place was buzzing. It's an interesting building on two floors with a great atmosphere. Although it was an extremely busy Saturday night the service was fast and efficient and our waiter had a friendly manner and was willing to provide helpful information and explanations re. some of the dishes. The starters were delicious and it just got even better from there. My lamb was exceptionally tender and the peshwari naan I chose to accompany it was one of the best I've had. We are spoilt for choice with the number of excellent asian restaurants in and around Leeds & Bradford so it was great to be able to stay in Newcastle and enjoy another exceptional dining experience at Sachins.

Hi June B
Thank you for your very kind words.
I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit.
We are currently working on some new dishes for our menu and you must try them when you next pay a visit to the Toon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Let me start on a positive note, the food is very good and the staff are really friendly yet not listening to what you want, walking away whilst you try to answer. This is the very first time I have posted a review for anything so please take on board how angry I feel to do this. Six people enjoyed a very nice meal with drinks, until we got the bill.
The food part was OK; the drinks part however was unbelievable for what we received.
Now I have to admit that I am a bit of a lightweight when it comes drinking, ie two lagers making me very happy, so why after drinking one single and five double gins I was a sober as a judge. The drinks arrived already mixed which I find in other establishments come gin in glass, tonic in bottle, so therefore I have to question the measures, the cost for this was over £200 with a service charge of £30 hidden in the middle. A total bill of £364 for six people was a bit of a shock, OMG I need a drink now, but best go somewhere else for that.......

4  Thank Comms666

Hi Comms666
I would like to confirm we wouldn't risk our alcohol licence to make a few measly pounds.
When your party left the restaurant you were all definitely worse for wear as we were concerned that you would fall down the spiral staircase!

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Lovely dining experience! The menu was extensive with a fantastic choice of authentic indian dishes. When my partner and i couldnt decide between dishes the waiter provided excellent reccomendations that went down well, if a little spicy! The mixture of mini nans on the side was a nice touch as my partner and i couldnt decide what we wanted. We opted for the house prosecco which was lovely. Overall atmosphere was intimate and relaxing with lovely waiting staff and i would highly reccomend the gulab jamin dessert!! A lovely contemporary gem hidden in the centre of newcastle to which we will definately return!

Hi rcgriffin
Thank you for taking the time to visit us recently.
We were glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us.
When you visit again you must give our Shearer dish a try its a dish packed with flavour.
Thanks again

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Massive fan of Sachins but hadn't been for over a year so was especially looking forward to tonight's visit and it didn't disappoint. The restaurant has a lovely vibe and most importantly the food is absolutely fantastic. Couldn't recommend the place highly enough. It's always good to see Sachins at the various street food events that go on Newcastle and it's nice to have the takeaway option available in fenwicks.
I always think they flavour and cook the seafood dishes fantastically whether it's the spice trail menu or the normal menu. Went for the seabass starter from the spice trail menu and it didn't disappoint.

Hi Andymc90
Thank you for visiting us recently.
We hope its not another year before we see you again now that you have been reminded of what you have been missing!
Hopefully see you soon