“Food ok but not a good service.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sachins Restaurant

Sachins Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Food ok but not a good service.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My food was ok but I need to wait 1hr 20min I didn't have starter.. I ask the for a water it come after 20min lol.. I ask how long will my food be and that tel me don't no..I don't think I'll be going back sorry

2 Thank Tarry126
BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Tarry126
After reading your pathetic attempt at a review I can only think you are either a competitor or someone who has no concept of time or you need a new watch!

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Seems a cut above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Part of a party..never been here before..was not disappointed.

Had a southern indian fish dish for a main...very tasty...no 'after effects'so often experienced )))

Would certainly go again.

Hi MsMoby
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit to Sachins.
If you a fan of fish you really need to give the Fish Tikka a try. The gentle spices and Tandoori flavours really come through and the fish just melts in your mouth.
Hope too see you all soon.
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Husband almost always chooses Sachins for his birthday meal. Sachins Tandoori starter to share was a meal in itself! Would have liked more prawn though. I had the chicken lababdar - medium hot and very tasty. Hubby can't stray from his regular Lal Goshat - a spicy lamb dish . We hadn't had the Sachins Daal before but it will definitely be our side dish from now on- absolutely yummy! And we don't need to say anything about the Peshwary nan!!! Service prompt and friendly as usual.

Hi JenEP
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
As you are a fan of prawns you really need to try our Garlic Chilli Prawns. They have loads of flavour and are giving Sachins Tandoori fans a real dilema!
The Sachins Daal is a real taste sensation and another new Daal on the menu is the Channa Daal which is also proving to be a real success.
We look forward too seeing you both soon.
York, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Indian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the best Indian restaurant I have been to outside India. The most genuine, authentic food I have tasted. Bob is a great host and I will definitely go back for more.

• Visited January 2013
Hi Elaine R
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I am glad I was on the form and also happy to read you enjoyed your meal.
Whenever your back in town you must give our Amritsari Fish a try.
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thanks Bob. Thought areview might be worthwhile as I brought my mate up from Bradford and sometime from the Punjab. He's a bit of a food expert and wasn't disappointed. The selection of monkfish, the three chicken tikka but especially the chops were first class, thanks. The lamb saag was excellent but we did wonder if the spinach was tinned pureed rather than sweated down from fresh? The karahi murgh and tandoor roti, perfect. The very narrow window table behind the station gets a bit crowded if a few dishes are ordered but my mate enjoyed the food thoroughly and so did I.

Cheers

M

• Visited December 2012
Hi Mark B
I am glad you both enjoyed your recent visit to Sachins.
The Spinich is Fresh and as you rightly say we cook it and puree it.
If you both like fish you need to give our Cochin Salmon a try.
Look forward too seeing you both soon.