“Fantastic food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sachins Restaurant

Sachins Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went to to Sachins for the first time last weekend for my husbands birthday and we were not disappointed. This was recommended by friends and we were impressed, we enjoy hot, spicy food and loved everything we tried. It is not an average Indian menu so well worth checking out menu online before going, however saying this the food was so gorgeous I would choose this menu over other Indian list restaurants. The food is not marked with chilies so suggest how hot each dish is so it is worth asking if you are unsure. There were plenty of staff on the floor and all work very well and are very helpful. I would not hesitate to ask any questions of the menu. We do not drink alcohol so for a 2 course meal each and 2 soft drinks each the meal cost £54 (£60 with tip) which I felt was dry very reasonable. The meals are ample, we were both starving and still didn't finish our dishes. The restaurant is small but thankfully they have not crammed it full of tables. Staff are attentive and we never felt rushed there was a lovely break between courses. I would definitely try a take away too. Couldn't recommend it more.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hi Gemmauk45
I thank you for taking the time to review us.
As you rightly point out some of our dishes are different to other Indian restaurauants, we try and talk guests through the menu. We look forward too seeing you all soon, if you like sea bass you must try our Sea Bass Dakshini a try as the subtle spices work really well with this delicate fish.
Thanks again

yorkshire
“curry in the premier league”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

finally gave this place a shot after promising for a number of years
dined on saturday night and was fitted in without a booking the menu is superb with so many possibilities you are spoiled for choice
our courses were superb not too hot to spoil the tastes superbly presented by very good knowlegeable staff
owner most accomadating no suprise this is one of the most popular in newcastle
will definatly return highly recommended
straw bear

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi strawbear
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I am glad we managed to accommodate you both on a Saturday night. If you are a fan of street food you must give our Papri Chat a try as the flavours will take you to India without the air fare!
We look forward too seeing you again in the near future.
durham
“Fenwicks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is the 3rd time we have bought a Fenwicks Sachins takeaway curry and never again too hot too spicy. The food 1st and 2nd time was surperb but tonight it was horrible very very very hot infact my husband still has the hiccups it was so hot, most of it went in the bin. Dont buy its rubbish stick what you know.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hi lindy406
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
As you rightly mention we supply Fenwicks food hall with some of our dishes.
Its a shame you didnt enjoy your recent meal from Fenwicks. As we grind our own spices there will always be a variation from time to time. One example is the Butter Chicken will be different due to the tomatoes as one time they may be slightly riper than another time.
I hope you give us a try again.
Horsens, Denmark
“Interesting menu, good service, excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Place was recommended by Hotel Indigo. It was a convenient walking distance, but the streets leading to it were rather empty with lots of road work. The place was busy, but I got seated immediately. I had vegetable biryani and, when asked, lamb chops was suggested as an accompaniment. With an ice cold glass of Indian beer to cool my spicy meal, I was very happy! Service was courteous and prompt, place was clean, and noise level was acceptable despite two large tables. I would recommend this to others.

1 Thank Sonjee
BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Hi Sonjee
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
You are right about the roadworks and work in general. When the work is completed it will be amazing and I know that is no consolation to anyone visiting us now.
We hope too seeyou soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Simply brilliant Indian food & 1st class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I will start by saying Indian food is my favourite & I was not disappointed with my visit to Sachins.

Starters such as the 3 way chicken starter, tandoori chops and much more I was impressed with the style & flavours which were fantastic.

(One of my friends,due to certain allergies would be classed as a "fussy eater" was guided patiently through the menu and was offered several variations to the dishes to match her needs, excellent service for her Thanks)

The restaurant was packed which I think made this more satisfying that the food & service was still so good.

All in all great food with equally great service is just what you want on a night out & we got it here, I certainly won't wait too long to return as there were plenty tasty dishes to get through off the menu.

Thanks for a great night

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Jezrez
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
After reading your review it appears you tried some dishes from our spice trail menu.
Hopefully when we see you again you must give our Sachins Tandoori a try. This platter has a mix of 5 tandoori dishes and the bed of onions have an unbelievable flavour.
Bob & Neeta & The Sachins Team