“Nice but not great”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was informed by friends that this was the best Indian restaurant in Newcastle so I was expecting a lot. The menu turned out to be similar to others but I did find that the quality was certainly above average. The food in general was very good and the service good although it was about 20% more then other similar restaurants in the area.
Was it worth it?
For a couples evening out, YES.
For a group of guys out on the town, NO.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Visited Sachins by default when we discovered our favoured restauarant "the Cube" in town had changed to indian fast food. Very glad we did because the food is excellent, staff are plentiful and attentive and the place is very clean. It's not cheap but will be happy to visit again soon.

BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Hi tonyndcarolnewcastle
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I am glad your previous favourite has changed and you gave us a try!
Hopefully when we see you again you must give our Sea Bass a try.
Thanks again

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been eating at Indian restaurants for nearly 40 years. One time you could not find a bad one. How things change. I've almost given up on them, Most of the food is no better than supermarket curries And what's with these cubes of wood purporting to be chicken.

Anyway Sachins...

What a pleasant surprise, this is how I remembered Indian food. I couldn't name the spices in my dish but I could definitely taste them, and the chiken was moist and tender. A friendly greeting when we arrived, late on a Friday. Quick and efficient service.

Only niggle was my beer could have been colder. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Hi CaptainPepper
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you enjoyed your meal.
Whenever your in next I will give you some clues as to which spices are in the meal.
See you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great food in nice surroundings, a short walk from the town centre, but worth it. I have visited and many occasions and never left disappointed.

Hi Keith C
Thanks for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you have enjoyed your frequent visits to Sachins.
We hope to see you soon, If you like spicy dishes you must give our Lal Goshat a try.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ate there last visit having been several times before. Wouldn't bother again.
I can eat curries and have done for years, so not good to have seriously upset tummy for the next day. Also the service is now not what it was. Pull your socks up guys, not good enough.

BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Hi TJD744
Having been one of a handful of restaurants to receive 5 starts consecutively since scores on the doors started I find it very hard to believe that our food gave you an upset stomach.
We take food hygiene very seriously in our establishment and all staff are sent on refresher courses. I was surprised to read your criticism of the service although I am not sure what it is, if you would require your own personal waiter all it can be arranged if this helps!
Bob & Neeta Arora & The Sachins Team