“At last an Indian restaurant worth returning to!”
Review of Vujon

Vujon
Ranked #119 of 1,308 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Luxury and food heaven combine to make Vujon a genuine Indian dining experience in the sumptuous surroundings of Newcastle's historic Quayside.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family and I visited this restaurant recently and we were very impressed! The service as faultless and the food fantastic. Nice decor, good atmosphere and fab loo's!! Would definitely recommend this gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is not your classic Indian restaurant with Vindaloo, Madras and Tandoori dishes, the menu is very different. The food is beautifully cooked and presented, the portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The menu had something for everyone but a little bit light on starters for vegetarians, which is unusual. The décor and ambiance of the place was more boutique than anything and very nice for it. The staff were polite and attentive, can thoroughly recommend it and will be going back myself

2  Thank Dave T
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visited Vujon having been recommended by staff at Slug and Lettuce pub at bottom of street opposite Tyne River. They kept the restaurant open until we had finished. A little bit more pricey than the norm but it looked a little more special inside. Had a spicy beef pancake dish - (cannot remember name) for starters it was lovely. Had lamb dish for main again very nice. Wine was good too but felt I could not take my time as staff really needed to go home!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Visiting voujon over the Christmas period with my boyfriend after a recommendation from several people we enjoyed our food but were not wowed. Overall I'd say It was very nice, a lovely restaurant, great service, lovely g n t.

We both had king prawn starters which were excellent, for main I had the goan sea bass which I found salty, the bass was lovely but slightly over coked in my opinion. My partner had a tikka masala which was very tomato tasting, we decided to go for one more known Indian dish & one more extravagant to get a feel & to contrast.

I think maybe our expectations were a little high, We will visit again .

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went with my frends to this reastaurant food was very nice services was excellent the price is little high the lam balti I had very nice I like to eat same desh onece more so I will come back again