“Fab Meal”

Ranked #116 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Luxury and food heaven combine to make Vujon a genuine Indian dining experience in the sumptuous surroundings of Newcastle's historic Quayside.
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Came here with partner during restaurant week, not expecting food and service to rate as highly as normal but were both very impressed. One of our favourites!

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Newcastle for the weekend & went on a recommendation of a friend who lives here.
What can I say - it was the best curry myself & my partner have ever had.
I was really disappointed when the waiter said they don't do chips so I ordered a peshwari naan & it was gorgeous.
Can't recommend this restaurant enough - we will definitely be back for another chicken tikka masala.
When we went the restaurant was ready for closing but they seated us, didn't rush us& the service was great.
Fantastic.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

1st time at this indian have to say i was very impressed with the service and the quality of
food, also the womans toilets, wish i had a bathroom like that next time i go i will have to ask
where they got the bathrooms from.
thanks vujon

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The first time I went there with some of my colleagues right after finished our work and it was last year and we have had a very good taste of meal and friendly environment from the staffs .And we have been there couple of more times after and we were happy .But surprisingly found a total disappointment of very poor class meal this year! In last month we went there twice. On 11th December Tuesday day we went there back to celebrate my Aunts birthday but very poor food just spoiled our party mood! Staffs were very friendly and jolly though and service was excellent as they treat us like VIP guests.And then again me and my hubby went there on 30th December Sunday for a nice evening out and again disappointed and this time not just for rubbish meal but moody and unfriendly waiters who even did not bother to deliver us a warm welcome, this time we see no smile ,no service, not even they bother to ask us if everything was alright, not even did not pour our wine ! We won`t go there back. Worth for nothing

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I came up for the foot ball match, and were recommend this Indian.

We were served fast, and the starter was served quick, we waited around 10 mins fir the main course, which was expected due to a large party. I noticed that three meals had been sent back , due to being cold. Our meals had arrived and my husbands meal was cold also was the nan bread. We called over a waiter and explained the they were cold and he said no problem and took the plate, dish and the nan bread. The meal had been microwaved as the the plate was return with the same amount if food on it. We asked for a fresh meal. A fresh meal was given, the same for the nan bread. The bill came and I wasn't happy to pay full price: well why should I when the meal was cold and then they tried to microwave the food. We asked to see the manager regarding the problem, but he said there was nothing wrong with the food and it was hot. However cause we were looking for something off the bill he would give us 10% off the bill.
I would not recommend anyone to go here unless you like cold food or microwaved food.

The managers attitude was terrible, and we explained we wouldn't come back or wouldn't recommend anyone he said fine.

All I can say is that they are not 139 out 499 for nothing, or maybe they should be 499.

I'm looking forward to the managers comments. As I explained I would comment and say that they exchanged the meal and give us 10% of the meal, which I feel is a joke.

This place is not recommend in fact this place is a massive joke.

2  Thank hayley p