“Fantastic dinner”
Review of Paradiso

Paradiso
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Paradiso Newcastle - NORTH EAST RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016 As voted by the Food Awards England. One of those restaurants you'll discover by word of mouth rather than by walking past, Paradiso is a local family run restaurant that has been a mainstay on the Newcastle gastro scene for 20 years. Tucked away down Market Lane, Paradiso is a hidden treasure. The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor seats up to 60, has a bar and a spacious outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to seat up to 50. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number. If you require more privacy, our third floor is a private dining room which can seat up to 45. As this room features skylights, it is a bright, warm space and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dinner”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here on a Thursday weeknight with a living social voucher. It was for a 2 course set menu and a glass of prosecco each. The restaurant is quite compact on the first floor, entry up some stairs. Close tables with some booths but it is a nice atmosphere. We didn't know it was a set menu and my partner had her heart set on a calzone which wasn't on the menu but we asked if we could have this and it wasn't a problem. All the food was fantastic. I had fish cake to start and the chicken leg involtino for main which was delicious. Really must complement the two waiters. There worked tirelessly and were very friendly, passing advice about drinks and food throughout. A thoroughly enjoyable meal which I would highly recommend.

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went on a Friday night and I would recommend booking in advance as it gets busy. It is above popolos over 3 floors and we were on the floor with the open kitchen. We had the two course special - starter main or pud for £15. Choice was good and the food was tasty. Word of warning though they add 10% service charge automatically onto the bill!! I was ready to leave a tip and because it took a while to bring the bill, I looked at it again. I couldn't believe it - I thought this thing went out in the ninieties!!

Richmond N Yorks
“Best before the theatre”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

There are several restaurants around the Theatre Royal, that we have tried before the show and this is by far the best certainly including the one in the theatre itself. The food was good though not exotic and the service quick in full sympathy with our needs as we had been held up a little on the way. Do not be put off by the unimposing entrance, once inside the atmosphere is splendid end the welcome unhibited. The perfect place to start the evening well within budget

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Guiseppe is a genuine host and food is great.”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a great restaurant. Don't come here if you expect fine dining but do come if you want a good buzz, lovely food and value for money. Brilliant!

Durham
“Not overly impressed”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This came recommended so we were looking forward to a nice quick meal before visit to theatre. We'd made a reservation as expected it to be full. It wasn't but probably filled up later I expect. Staff quite friendly and attentive but food a disappointment. My husband had a risotto with chicken whilst I had mushroom and asparagus risotto. His was ok with plenty of chicken he said but a bit over cooked. Mine was rather tasteless. The rice definitely over cooked,asparagus stalks stringy and inedible. We'd be prepared to try restaurant again as the service was fine and I guess the staff help with the ambience so next time may be very different but we would not risk the risotto again!

Visited March 2014