“Great food, great service.”
Review of Paradiso

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Paradiso Newcastle - NORTH EAST RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016 As voted by the Food Awards England. One of those restaurants you'll discover by word of mouth rather than by walking past, Paradiso is a local family run restaurant that has been a mainstay on the Newcastle gastro scene for 20 years. Tucked away down Market Lane, Paradiso is a hidden treasure. The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor seats up to 60, has a bar and a spacious outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to seat up to 50. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number. If you require more privacy, our third floor is a private dining room which can seat up to 45. As this room features skylights, it is a bright, warm space and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We hired the room on the top floor for a friends and family evening. Everything was lovely, we were able to decorate the table and set up music before our guests arrived, nothing was a problem for the staff they were very helpful and friendly.The food was very good and the service was excellent. All our guests enjoyed their meals,I had a steak which was cooked to perfection, very tender and tasty, delicious. This is the third time I have been to Paradiso and each time I have enjoyed the experience. I would highly recommend Paradiso for lunch or evening meals and parties.

1  Thank Jacqueline R
newcastleparadiso, Manager at Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about your party in the PDR (Private Dining Room) this is a very popular location for all kinds of events, from birthdays to meetings and even dance classes.

Thank you for mentioning the service too, because when you hire out the PDR you get your very own waiter for the evening to look after all your needs that night. .

You said this was your third time with us and we very much look forward to seeing you and all your friends for a fourth visit to Paradsio

Reviewed October 7, 2012

After reading the reviews on trip adviser we were looking forward to eating here however we left disappointed. I had the fish cakes and steak and neither were particularly good. I asked for the steak medium but it came well done and seemed a poor cut, but that may have just been as it was over cooked. The service was also very slow; we had a table booked for 8 and we didn't leave until 12. The reason I didn't score this place lower was the atmosphere was good and we had a nice booth that was perfect for the 6 of us. The food was also reasonably priced. Overall we had a great night but we won't be returning to Paradiso.

1  Thank edward1975
ParadisoNewcastle, Owner at Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

dear edward1975
I'm so sorry that you left Paradiso on Saturday disappointed. All of us here at Paradiso set ourselves high standards in every part of the restaurant be it the service, bar or kitchen. I'm surprised that you did not did not enjoy our fish cake or steak as we pride ourselves on these two being a Paradiso special. we hand make the fishcake every day and a lot of time has gone it to get the ingredients and mixture right, if you could tell us a bit more on why you didn't like them, we could look to make improvements.

The steak we butcher ourselves and we take a lot of time making sure we don't leave too much fat on, but being a sirloin steak, there will be a certain amount on the steak itself. I will bring to the attention of the overcooked steak to the head chef and will bring in better quality control on everything leaving the kitchen
The issue with the slow service is something that we will look into, but being a Saturday night and at the peak of the busy time of the night a certain wait might sometimes happen, I will endeavor to tell my serving staff to keep the customer up to date at all times with any waiting time between courses.
We are glad that you found the atmosphere to your liking, it is I believe second to none in Newcastle and the prices of the food is also something we pride ourselves on.

You mentioned in your review you would not be returning to Paradiso i hope we can do something to help you change your mind, because i believe if you return you experience will be much much better

Regards

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place is slightly off the beaten track , but well worth looking for. They do a set menu three course meal for £16 plus 10% service charge. The quality of the food is really great and the menu varies from mediterranean to morrocan. The serice is very friendly and quick, the dining room spacious and discrete. My only moan was being charge £5 a pint for peroni!.

1  Thank Mike B

Dear Mike B

Thank you for your kind words in relation to Paradiso. we pride our self's on the value of our menu and the speed and quality of our service, which again I say thank you, but I would like to bring to your attention the quoted price of the pint of Peroni you mentioned in your review, the price we sell a pint is £4.40 not £5. could you please check your receipt and if we have mistakenly over charged you we will immediately refund you.

we have looked at the issue of the price of the premium larger and are in the process of bring in a different range of world lagers.

If you find that the price is £4.40 on your receipt could you please amend your review please to reflect the real cost.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I arrive at "Paradiso", after work when I have had a bad day because I always feel happy there drinking a "Peroni",
& meeting "Mario" or "Giuseppe" & "Palmiro" great guys.
We tend to have the early set menu good value & always perfect & I mean perfect!.
There is no better place to be on a sunny afternoon than on the terrace or inside on colder days,I have often seen customers coming to Paradiso just for a drink or one of their lush coffee's which is a good way to check out my favourite restaurant.
In a few years time I will have my 60th party upstairs in the private room.

1  Thank iwantmemoneybak
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recently went here for a birthday meal wtih a small group of 7 people. Really impressed by the choice on the menu and the food was delicious. Staff were helpful. Atmosphere was good, quite quiet as it was a Tuesday night, but there were a few diners in. Lovely interior too.