“Nice refurb”

Sale Pepe
Ranked #189 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Sale Pepe. We are an Italian Restaurant with a bit of a difference, located just off Osborne Road in the heart of Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne. Come and join us and our friendly staff for an affordable night out, in the comfort of luxury, whilst enjoying great quality food!!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Haven't been here for a while and I had heard that the restaurant had just re-opened after a refurb so I thought I would try it out with my family one Friday night. The new décor is lovely and they have sorted out the sound issues that they used to have, you could hear peoples conversations even if they were sitting at the other end of the room thanks to a barrel ceiling.
The food was OK nothing startling, just what you would expect, but good and the service was good too. My only criticism is that the tables are so close together we struggled to vacate our table when the time came!
We will definitely return.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I visited this little place for the first time last night & I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The service was excellent, people were warm & friendly & nothing was too much trouble.
The tables are close together but that didn't spoil anything I think it adds to the buzzing atmosphere.
The food was good & very reasonably priced. The Emilia pizza was excellent as was the pil pil & Nutella icecream.
Will definitely be back.
5 stars for having pink prosecco by the glass.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Been here many times but not for a while, I noticed it was closed for a short time so gave it a go last night & so glad we did.
Seen quite a few locals in which was a good sign! The menu is decent the food very good too.

Service was excellent & can only ad that I will be back many times (maybe enjoyed a little too much Vino by end of the night Ha Ha)

Thanks

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Since new the owners re-opened in February, my family & I have dined at Sale Pepe on numerous occasions - with kids & without the darlings!
The new owners are sooooo lovely - & they obviously know exactly what they are doing! The new decor is amazing & they make us feel sooo welcome... Better than any other restaurant I have been to in a VERY long time! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - families, couples, girls/lads nights out.
I love the way the majority of the menu is the same or similar to the Sale Pepe of old..... They have changed only, what in my opinion, needed to be changed to stay in-line with trends & their fab refurb!!
I cannot believe the review by Hyacinth2013..., this is by far the best value for money restaurant I have EVER been to!!! Steaks are about £12!!! Come on!!??? And they are amazing!! I'm a seafood fanatic & the prawns are perfect, I have also had the mussels which were cooked perfectly!!
It frustrates me that someone who was clearly 'counting prawns' was unable to inform the staff at the time????? I am sure they would have sorted out any issues there & then!?
As for Francesca's, is it 1993?? Last time I went - I was sooooo ill from their mussels.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We have just enjoyed our third visit in three weeks. The service was excellent as always, Pil pil lovely, steak with peppercorn sauce great, could have done with a bit more veg, desert good. Wine and limoncello excellent. Price, great.