Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Ranked #541 of 1,251 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian, American, Diner, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
newry
“excellent diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

What you would expect but after travelling to Gateshead for business and doing a full days work nothing was better than two great members of staff greeting us and a cold pint of Stella, followed by a 3 course meal all for under £25 each! Great value

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat but let down on this occasion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went for a family meal after a hectic days shopping. The restaurant is right in the city center so very convenient. We often eat at F & B's so we knew what to expect but sadly the chef got it wrong today. Our teenage son ordered a sirloin steak that tasted of cheese (not it wasn't a cheese steak either) and my wife and daughter had a pulled pork pasta which was too sweet; my philly cheese steak was very nice. The service was very good though and they didn't charge us for the sirloin steak. Maybe today was an off-day for the kitchen but we were disappointed and I'm not sure if we'd go back to this particular venue.

• Visited July 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This restaurant is situated on John Dobson street and to be honest there is nothing to write home about; just your average F&B's. Nice staff with a friendly service. I have recently started Slimming World so opted for the 'light' options Spaghetti Oceania hoping it would a decent sized portion. When it came out it was half the size of my friends and I felt a bit left out. The portion size did not reflect the price of £9.95 and I was hoping more from F&B's. Will probably find a better place to eat until the 'light' options menu is up to scratch.

• Visited May 2013
Lancashire
“Food = YACK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We where a party of 12, the food was of poor standard, no taste and very low standard. I was very disappointed and it did not justify the high cost.

Visited April 2013
Tyneside
“Not the best F&B's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went to Frankie and Bennys on John Dobson Street around 5 on Easter Sunday, the plan was to have our tea then off to a concert at the City Hall. The place became packed, obviously everyone had the same idea, our waiter told us it is always the same when an event is on at the City Hall, they were plenty of staff so they must take this into consideration. Our drinks order was taken when we sat, few mins later we were asked what we wanted, the guy didn't look amused when I asked for 5 more mins but he didn't say anything. We then ordered and it seemed the food was with us instantly, it tasted nice enough but was lukewarm and it must have been already made as I had calzone and the inside was lukewarm too! We had to ask for our drinks as they never arrived but others didn't seem to have that problem. The food here is not cheap and you expect it to be hot but it was really busy. I have been to other branches where it has been just as busy but the food was made to order as not only did you wait but the food was piping. All in all we were in and out in 45 mins, I would not go again on a day City Hall has a gig.

• Visited April 2013

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Newcastle-Upon-Tyne? Share your experiences!