“Delightful food and service!”
Review of Mascalzone

Mascalzone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pizza , Sardinian Tapas ,pasta , lasagne , seafood Salads , Breakfast Menu , Cakes ,Croissants , Deli , Sandwiches , Coffees , Teas , Wines and Beers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mascalzone remains my favourite restaurant in Newcastle. The food is simply stunning, and the service is so friendly and efficient...at Mascalzone we always feel at home. We visited at lunch time today and had a lovely relaxing meal. I had the ravioli, which was amazing! Make sure you visit this wonderful restaurant to enjoy a taste of Sardinia.

1  Thank Francisca C

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found Mascalzone on Trip Advisor and thought it impossible to have so many fantastic reviews so decided to try. Now I know why.
The welcome was enthusiastic and pleasant, the service equally as good and the food fabulous. The anti-pasta starter was huge and varied although chef could a little less enthusiastic with the balsamic dressing. We both had spaghetti carbonara and I can honestly say one of the best I have had outside of Italy.
Its only small but full of retro character so essential to reserve a table. Note its a hidden gem and not easy to find
We will be back to sample some of the other fine food on the menu or even have another carbonara

1  Thank Malcolm C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to this place 5 or 6 times the food is very nice maybe a tad expensive, never the less we like it, by the way it's best to book before.

1  Thank littlebella2016
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Malcalzone is in the Sandyford area of Newcastle which is quiet and residential. I'd recommend pre-dinner drinks at the Blue Bell and then a walk up the road to the restaurant. The restaurant is small so booking is essential. Food and service were good and I will be going back if I can get booked up!

1  Thank GeordieGardeningGirl
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

4 of us had a really nice meal here. I didn’t enjoy my pizza as much as I thought I would otherwise this would have been 5. The other meals were excellent (lasagna and carbonara). Certainly would come back and definitely worth coming slightly out of the city centre for.

1  Thank TB41n