“Now I know why it has so many top reviews”
Review of Mascalzone

Mascalzone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pizza , Sardinian Tapas ,pasta , lasagne , seafood Salads , Breakfast Menu , Cakes ,Croissants , Deli , Sandwiches , Coffees , Teas , Wines and Beers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found Mascalzone on Trip Advisor and thought it impossible to have so many fantastic reviews so decided to try. Now I know why.
The welcome was enthusiastic and pleasant, the service equally as good and the food fabulous. The anti-pasta starter was huge and varied although chef could a little less enthusiastic with the balsamic dressing. We both had spaghetti carbonara and I can honestly say one of the best I have had outside of Italy.
Its only small but full of retro character so essential to reserve a table. Note its a hidden gem and not easy to find
We will be back to sample some of the other fine food on the menu or even have another carbonara

1  Thank Malcolm C

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to this place 5 or 6 times the food is very nice maybe a tad expensive, never the less we like it, by the way it's best to book before.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank littlebella2016
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Malcalzone is in the Sandyford area of Newcastle which is quiet and residential. I'd recommend pre-dinner drinks at the Blue Bell and then a walk up the road to the restaurant. The restaurant is small so booking is essential. Food and service were good and I will be going back if I can get booked up!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank GeordieGardeningGirl
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

4 of us had a really nice meal here. I didn’t enjoy my pizza as much as I thought I would otherwise this would have been 5. The other meals were excellent (lasagna and carbonara). Certainly would come back and definitely worth coming slightly out of the city centre for.

1  Thank TB41n
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

First time visit with family and friends. We were lucky to get a table for 8. Small, cosy restaurant with great staff and excellent food.
Wonderful atmosphere. We will be back....

1  Thank CampbellFamily_10