“Oliver - could watch it again”
Review of Theatre Royal

Theatre Royal
Book In Advance
More Info
$33.54*
and up
Cultural Walking Tour of Newcastle
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wasn't really expecting too much as it isn't one of my favourite musicals. However this far exceeded my expectations.
Brian Connelly was fab as were all of the other folks in the show.
Would go to see it again if the tickets were cheaper.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

came down from Aberdeen for the weekend to see the Oliver production starring Brian Conley, really pretty old theatre, felt really close to the stage although was 10 rows back, show was brilliant and actually felt quite intimate due to the design of the theatre

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Fantastic show,1st night for Neil Morrissey.
Theatre was maybe a wee bit on the warm side.
Cast were brilliant.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This a difficult review as I took my wife to see Oliver for her birthday. The show itself was nothing short of fantastic however what spoiled the evening was the food at Pasqualino's. I had the twiced cooked belly pork which was served tepid at best on cold plates. The Pizza bases that my wife and son had were impossible to cut and in general had not taste - at least the cocktails were good. Food bill £100 - would never eat there again and would not recommend anyone else eating there either.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The show we saw was Oliver with Brian Connelly it was great apart from the fact that we were sat on newly refurbished seats that were excrutiating to sit on after just a few minutes. I think it was not the padding but the angle of the seats being sloped downwards all the weight seemed to focus on the base of your spine making the base of your spine ache after just a few minutes. Whilst a lot of money has been spent here on the theatre and the toilets were very clean it did look lovely and was a great show but pointless if you cannot sit comfortably. I know a number of other people who went also complained at the time and to be honest I could not go back untill the seats were addressed. I felt really sorry for a number of people with disabilities who were sat around us who seemed even more uncomfortable.