“Delicious dinner”
Review of Jesmond Dene House

Jesmond Dene House
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked a special meal here for our 4 night stay in Newcastle. We were too full for the tasting menu unfortunately but ate from a mixture of the house and dinner menus. Everything was perfect and easily reached the standard of Michelin starred places we have eaten previously. The decor was beautiful and fitting for such a grand house. Finally the service was impeccable and without fault. They were efficient, friendly but unobtrusive. The standard of this hotel is what I would expect from a 4 star hotel (see my separate review about terrible stay at the Sandman). Next time we come to Newcastle we will be staying here!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ellie M

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Took my husband to jesmonddenehouse for a birthday surprise and will definitely be back.....I had booked the dinner bed and champagne breakfast in a superior room. The staff were attentive and very accommodating, especially when I kept wanting to change tables in the restaurant...what can I say? I know what I like! Haha. The food was first class and the hotel is faultless. We were in room 23 which had lovely views of jesmond dene.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbielaviers
Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you’re looking for the best hotel in Newcastle, look no further, this is it!.
My family recently stayed in a suite in the new house and it was everything we expected it to be - spacious, modern, stylish with great decor and furnishings. The room was just gorgeous,with thick, fluffy white towelling robes and slippers, a superb bathroom loaded with gorgeous soap, shower gel, and all individual scents etc. All the furniture, bedding seemed as new. The complimentary fruit bowl was a nice touch and a personal welcome card also. I simply cannot express how fantastic our stay was - everything was just perfection.
Food is first class, out of this world - an amazing dinner, it doesn't get better than this, and oh yes the breakfast is to die for.
A first rate hotel - what are you waiting for!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Selb15
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This was the nicest afternoon tea we have both had in Newcastle. There was plenty of food all brilliantly presented and tasted amazing. The desserts were there highlight of the meal. The service was pretty good as to be expected in a setting like this and for the price of the service.
If we could change anything we would suggest warmed scones and comfier seats. We would most certainly be visiting again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had our wedding here on January 18th, it was a small affair with twenty guests but we were looked after from the minute we booked the wedding to the time we left the hotel the day after. We were married downstairs in the John Dobson room, had drinks in the lounge upstairs and then back for a delicious 3 course meal in the John Dobson room again. Later in the evening when most guests had left, we were lucky enough to meet Brian Johnson from ACDC who was there with his family (he told us he always stays there when he travels home), he and his family were so nice and friendly and chatted to us about the wedding. My husband and I (!!) stayed in the Noble Suite which is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I wish we could have stayed longer to take in some of the luxury of the room. Breakfast was fab, all of the staff were very attentive and extremely polite. I also need to recommend Abi the wedding coordinator (even though she dared take a week off the week of my wedding). Afternoon tea looked scrummy so will go back to try that, and I am trying to persuade the hubby to go back and stay in the same suite for our first anniversary!! Beautiful hotel, beautiful grounds, exceptional staff. Thank you so much!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed at Jesmond Dene House before and have always enjoyed the experience. On this occasion decided to attend for an evening meal in the Restaurant and were not surprised to find the facilities were as we had experienced previously.
The staff were attentive and professional but most importantly extremely friendly. We decided to order from the House Menu. The choice was excellent with a good range of starters and mains at extremely good value for money. When the meal arrived we were not disappointed. The food was first class.
A lovely touch was the slate board with Petite Fours and iced "Happy Birthday".
House wine was smooth and very palatable.
All in all excellent food at competetive prices, first class service and a most enjoyable evening in a delightful environment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Normski1966
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We got engaged here over 5 years ago and wanted to celebrate somewhere in style for our anniversary of our first date so returning to the Jesmond Dene was a 'no brainer!'.

The rooms are always luxurious and to a high standard but both stays we have had a free upgrade so we are always super happy with the rooms. The bathrooms are huge and the beds lovely and big with soft bedding. Free fruit provided and a well stocked drinks bar in the room. If you stay here I would thoroughly recommend eating at the hotel. Again we opted for the 10 course taster menu and I managed to convince hubby to also add the tasting wine menu too which he was really pleased he did as it complimented the food so well. Rooms & food aren't cheap but then it is definitely worth it as unlike some hotels I have stayed in (missoni) you get what you pay for here! Will definitely come again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple