“Great location, great atmosphere”

Euro Hostel Newcastle
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I am just back from a 2 night stay in the euro hostel. I was in a group of 8 and we honestly couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The location was PERFECT for everything..restaurants, clubs, shopping etc. The staff were so nice and helped with any query we had. The room was a little cramped but it was clean, modern and comfortable so we didn't mind at all. Newcastle is an incredible city and we all hope to go back again soon and will 100% stay in the euro hostel again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hello D4dolly

Thanks for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to read your comments on the hostel and the team and the fact that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hostel on your next visit to the area.

There are newer reviews for Euro Hostel Newcastle

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Myself and a group of friends booked two rooms for two nights and it was our first visit to the city.

Pros:
Easy to find the hostel and it's in a central location
Good lively bar
Helpful and friendly staff
Clean room
Cheap

Cons:
Room was small and very warm
Bathroom was small
Key card for the room didn't work so staff had to let us in to the room
Noisy guests and housekeeping

Overall, it was fine for what it was and good enough value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello Rokan72

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

Overall it appears you seem to enjoy your stay with us but I appreciate that there were a couple of points that concerned you which we will of course investigate and correct these at the first availability.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

myself and friend wen to visit a friend in middlesbrough at uni and decided to stay in newcastle the sat nite we were not sure wat 2expect as have had bad hostel experince before but it was fantastic staff were very friendly room was clean, spacious and i have actually stayed in hotels dat hasn been as good! beds were comfy and pillows were amazing! only 1 downfall we got chicken and bacon panni's and we didn like them was basically no filling and was over done this has defo not put me off coming back as i plan 2come back with ma partner! over all fantastic stay :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hi Carol

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

It was pleasing to note that you seemed to enjoy your stay with and, on the whole, we seemed to exceed your expectations.

Thanks for the feedback on the paninis. This has already been fed back to our team and supplier for immediate improvement.

We hope you will come and see us again soon. Thanks again

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Triple room for £42 with student discount, opted for the extra £9 for 2pm checkout.

Never seen a hostel like it. More like a hotel. Massive room which could have slept 5 all to ourselves (two sets of bunkbeds, one of them double). Bathroom and shower very clean as was the room. Did the job. It was more like a wetroom, but what more do you need?

Overall, an excellent stay, ensuite room with bedding and towels provided for £14 each! Bargain! Didn't have time to sample the breakfast (I was still asleep)

Excellent staff too, especially the receptionist who checked us in, very chatty and very nice.

Hello Stiofan88

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review on Euro Hostel Newcastle for Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read your comments, particularly on the friendly and chatty team members.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

coming to newcastle to party with a girlfriend we were looking for cheap accommodation so we chose the euro hostel, a bit sceptical of our decision, when we arrived that was changed, it is more like a hotel then a hostel, we had a private room on the first floor, room was spacious, clean and had good beds, had heating and had a window with a view, staff were very friendly and helpful and were very welcoming to guests, the hostel is in a great location to newcastle nightlife,shops and the quayside and eating areas, the pub downstairs is also a great place to pre drink and eat with cheap prices and good food good place to meet other hostel goers too, the bathrooms in the room were decent aswell, all in all a great experience, defenitley value for money and if I ever return to newcastle I would defenitley stay here again!

the only negative of our trip was the noise of other guests at 5 in the morning, but ohwell!

Thankyou euro hostel!

guest!

• Stayed: January 2013

Hi Molly0804

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle for Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to note that you seemed to enjoy every aspect of your stay with us.

Your feedback is very important to us, both to ensure the standards of service we offer remain high and to improve on any areas of concern.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed a 9 night stay at this hostel. Although we are beyond the average age of people staying at this hostel, we found it a delightful place to stay. We had a good room with a view, TV, free wireless, and one of the greatest showers of our trip. Lots of pressure and abundant hot water. The clean well cared for Hostel was surpassed by the staff who were extremely helpful and polite. They were there to offer any help needed. The taxi service associated with the hotel was also friendly and fair. The location was excellent close to buses and attractions like the Grainger Market and the Tyne Cinema. The bub was excellent serving excellent beers. We especially enjoyed the Newcastle Dark Ale. The breakfast were good and the coffee excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Airfish

Hello Airfish

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to read your comments and noted that you seemed to enjoy every aspect of your stay.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hostel in the very near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Found myself at a loose end in Newcastle and having never been thought I stay. Google came up with this place.

Firstly, the place is wonderfully central being only 5 minutes (if that) from Eldon Square. Not sure how long this place has been open but looked very new. Receptionist was very friendly and had me checked-in in no time. The whole place is controlled via credit card style keys including the lift. Went up to room which had 4 metal bunk beds each had a small reading light which was great but though that the light was too bright i.e. if others wanted to sleep the light leak be too strong. Was surpassed to see that all the bedding was white! there was a cup, a survey and some local information on my assigned bunk which was nice. Under the bunk there was a lockable draw (bring your own padlock) which is big enough for a largish day pack (40ltrs?) but not suitcases. There was an on-suite shower room and separate toilet which in a dorm is great.
I'll say here and now that I think that this was the most comfortable hostel bed I've ever slept in The duvet was light but warm the mattress supporting but not overly firm. Slept like a baby which was good because the person in the bunk above was in training for the 2016 Olympic Snoring Gold medal.
Woke early and took a shower unfortunately the shower curtain didn't fit all the way to the floor which in any case didn't appear level leaving the entire floor wet. The other thing was that there was only 1 hook for my clothes and towel and NOWHERE to put my shower gel or shampoo other than the floor. Really disappointed!

Went down for breakfast which was laid out in the "pub" section which had a number of TV's tuned into news channels using subtitles. There was fruit juice, toast, cereal, tea and coffee. Basic but fine. Didn't feel any 'eyes' noticing if you had an extra slice of toast or anything. Was disappointed to see so many people not clearing there tables not only for the benefit of people coming in but also the member of staff appeared to have mobility problems and it would have been nice.

Came back in evening to get some 'local knowledge' for a decent place to eat and have to admit that the receptionist with her geordie accent had the heart a flutter (sorry!) but again friendly and helpful as ever. Will definitely be my first choice when ever in Newcastle

This place really is top class which if it could take a look at the bathrooms would be a solid 5 star hostel for me. As I can't award 4.5 stars it has to be 4.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank IndigoSquared
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hello Indigo Squared

Thank you for taking the time to review Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and would return to see us again in the near future.

I fully value your appraisal of our dorm room shower facilites and, thanks to your comments hi-lighting these issues, I will endeavour to improve these for any future visits.

I'd like that fifth star!

Thanks again for your comments