“Central location”

Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
Bromham, United Kingdom
“Central location”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just had a two night stay at the Premier Inn on the Quayside Newcastle. The hotel has friendly welcoming staff and is convenient for shopping and exploring the city on foot and does have its own small pre-bookable car park underneath the hotel. Our double room was quite small, I did need to walk sideways to get into bed and thus needless to say I missed not having a bedside table. Having said that, we only paid £54 for two nights plus £14 parking but for the money it was fine. We ate out for all our meals as we wanted to explore the city. From what we say of the restaurant it looked appealing. All said and done I think we got what we paid for.

Room Tip: I think we were in 236 I would recommend I'd there's 2 of you to ask for a different room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

stayed there on a saturday night. good welcome. At night the place gets very noisy as the quayside are full of people going out to the local bars. The thing is that those people are also coming back at night drunk and shouting to their friends through the door that they have lost their keys or that they don't remember which floor they are on.
I called reception at about 1am to ask them to come and collect some drunk person on the floor as they were making noise. I could not be bothered to get out of bed to make a second call at 4am. The fact that the telephone is not next to the bed is making sense to me now.
At check out, was not reminded about the good night guarantee although I told the receptionist that it had been noisy. And they had my room number from my call during the night.
I really wish I had been more awake and ask for my money back as the night was not satisfactory at all.
Premier Inn Central is much better and looks cleaner too in the common areas. For the price paid, it's not worth it at all.
I wanted to be near The Sage as I was going for a show. But next time I will stay in central Newcastle as I used to.

Room Tip: don't take rooms that have windows on the streets. It's busy at night with all people going...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sandy H
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Always used to use this hotel a couple of years ago. Stayed again last night and it reminded me why I always stayed here.

Perfect central location, secure parking, great rooms, great staff, nice bar area. Spotlessly clean with big comfy beds and big comfy pillows.

Also if you get a room at the front you can see Tyne bridge and eye of the Tyne, I really rate this hotel as excellent, I love it here.

• Stayed March 2013
Hull
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Right in the city centre only ten min walk from station/metro. Me, my daughter, my friend and her daughter stayed here for two nights - one of them to see The Script at the Radio Arena Newcastle. We walked back to the hotel in twenty mins along the Tyne - nice walk. The hotel was clean, tidy and the staff on arrival were so helpful and let us in our room one hour early. The room was a family room and is was very big overlooking (from three windows) the Tyne, the Tyne Bridge and the Millenium Bridge. Breakfast was extremely good value £8.25 for an ALL YOU CAN EAT hot and cold buffet and the kids ate free with a paying adult. Good value breakfast, good value stay and an all round great weekend. The bar staff and waiting staff were so helpful and friendly too and made the stay one of the best weekends away.

Room Tip: The family rooms are on a corner so a good view from all windows. Third floor Room 338.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tinajb
Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here in January with a group of friends for one their birthdays. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and our rooms were clean and spacious. It was close to all the nightlife so didn't cost much in taxis. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
scotland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Knowing Newcastle quite well,I would still rate the Quayside as a good choice of area to stay even if it's not the current choice of the Young and the Beautiful. The Premier Inn on the Quayside is located almost under the Tyne Bridge,fantastic location for bars and restaurants and at best a ten minute walk to any chosen nightlife scene. Book it early for unbelievable value(£20 a night??) and don't expect it to be Malmaison or Hotel Du Vin. To those who would complain about hearing doors slam at almost midnight and finding a curly on the bathroom floor,I would suggest earplugs and a Brazilian.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ratherbeingreece
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for almost a week. Overall experience was good. Staffs were approachable and helpful. Ensuite standard room is really spacious for 2 people. Color TV, Tea/coffee/Milk/Sugar Sachets, electric kettle, hair dryer. Internal telephone etc were there in the room . Good quality bedding were found. Rooms were well maintained and regular cleaning were done.

This property is located close to Quayside. The Millennium bridge and Sage is just a walk away. There are many good pubs and restaurants around. Must say, an Ideal location to explore Newcastle City.You have frequent bus access as well as Newcastle Central Station is nearby.

I would highly recommend this property

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business