“Great location, a few extras would have been nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside

Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location, a few extras would have been nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We found this at the second attempt, there is another Premier Inn a bit further along the riverside to the East. Beware of using a SAT NAV to find the hotel, it will probably take you on to the Tyne Bridge which goes right over the hotel, but does not give you access to it! You need to be down on the riverside. There is limited parking available, (about 30 spaces) and you have to book it in advance and pay extra for it (about £7 a night ). For the double room only we paid £62 in advance online.

We arrived at about 9 pm and were very quickly checked in. The bar was empty (Sunday night) and we were quickly served.

The room was quiet and clean. The bed was large and comfortable with extra pillows available. It was rather cold and I did not sleep well as a result. In the middle of the night I turned up the heating, but the electric radiator and thermostat were noisy (humming and clicking every few minutes), so eventually I turned the thermostat down and put my coat over the bed to keep warm. There were no extra blankets in the room.

The breakfast was self service, and we opted for continental for a fiver each. There was a reasonable variety on the self service counter. It would have been nice to have a few pastries, and a few pieces of fresh fruit. The fresh fruit salad was good though.

The free WiFi seemed complicated to set up, involving registration etc, and is limited to 30 minutes, so after a few minutes trying we gave up. It seems mean not to have unlimited WiFi, as it does not cost the hotel anything?

The staff were friendly and helpful, but the next time we stay in Newcastle I think we will be able to find somewhere just as good, with free parking, for less money on a Sunday night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Mc Leansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed one night to go to a football match. The hotel is about 1 mile from the stadium. We had a family room with plenty of space and views of the riverfront. This hotel is VERY difficult to find - it's not on google maps and incorrect on the Premier Inn website. However we did find it's location in advance of our arrival & had no problems. There is metered street side parking. They do have a parking garage for a fee, but it was full for our night, so they nicely emailed us names of two more garages withing walking distance, which actually turned out to be a little less expensive than their own.
This isn't the newest Premier Inn, but an older building, however still quite acceptable, and for the location, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the river side have a nice view, but no sound insulation from the street. We heard traf...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NCLibrarylady
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We recently stayed for a night at this hotel and had a great experience. Every single member of staff was warm, welcoming and polite, which made staying there a real pleasure. The room was nice, the bed nice and comfy and the hotel location is great. The hotel is situated in a beautiful old building, making it more individual than a purpose-built place.
We had our evening meal in the hotel's restaurant, overlooking the tyne. The food was lovely and served quickly by very attentive staff. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful and well laid out. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea O
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got a room deals of £29 and stayed on a Sunday night. The breakfast is great and the staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful with our baby and his needs. The hotel was a bit tatty round the edges but I've only ever stayed in the newer Premier Inn's. However this was by no means detrimental to our stay.

I wasn't that impressed with our bathroom as it had hair on the side, floor and bath and the fan didn't work so it was a steam room for ages after showering. (The sign says to not leave the door open).

I would stay again and certainly recommend it for location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emma H
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed one night in early December, and have to say it's not the best premier inn i've stayed in. But when you consider how busy this hotel is and the amount of people coming and going 24hrs I think they do a very good job retaining a clean and friendly hotel overall. Had breakfast in the morning looking over the tyne which was very pleasant.
It was full of christmas parties when I stayed (as it should be in december). It would be a great base for exploring Newcastle and right next to a good selection of bars and restaurants

The major complaint I have was that my room was below some sort of laundry room as because at 6am/7am our entire room was vibrating and filled with a washing machine sounds : ( not good especially after a night out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank 1975mark
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Potenza, Italia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was in Newcastle in hte middle of January. The hotel is very nice, with excellent breakfast and good internet connection (3 pounds per day).
It is also perfect to enjoy the nightlife because there are pubs etc. all around the hotel area.
My room was little but very confrotable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank josiowolny
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've stayed her twice now and this time was with mate to go and watch a gig don't get me wrong the hotel is lovely the building is amazing and the staff upon check in where great but we have a few problems with people banging on the door all night. Lucky I didn't get hold of them. When I tried to phone down to reception. The phone didn't work so I went down and told the guy on reception. He apologised and said he will replace the phone I told him it was ok. So I went back upstairs and half a hour later it happens again and nobody there since it was almost morning I couldn't be bothered to go back down stairs. But when I was checking out I told them and the lady looked at me like I was crazy and spoke to me sarcastically I told her I want my money back. But she refused. I'm sure you have a good night guarantee which I wanted to invoke. But was refused most of the staff where great but this one woman was a idiot. She annoyed me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends