“Fantastic apartments”

PREMIER SUITES Newcastle
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Fantastic apartments”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Another Return visit to the apartments with a friend for some xmas shopping in Newcastle.

I have stayed here numerous times but this was the first time my friend had visited the apartments and she thought they were fantastic. She spent a good bit of time looking in all the rooms and kitchen cupboards. The difference in space from a normal hotel room is fantastic

We booked a one bed apartment and got upgraded to a lovely 2 bed apartment free of charge. We had an ensuite and a main bathroom. The kitchen has everything you could ever need.

We arrived early and Matthew looked after our luggage until our apartment was ready, we then went to the metro centre to start our marathon shopping session. The apartments are a 5 min walk from the train station and a 5 min walk in the other direction will bring you to endon square and the gate.

We stayed on halloween and went for a few drinks in the evening. The bars had a great atmosphere
And most people were dressed up for the occasion. Newcastle is a fantastic city with something for everyone shopping, night life.

We checked out but had a few hours until our train home to Glasgow, again Matthew looked after our luggage. This was great as we could spend a bit of time in the town centre without carrying around our bags.

Its great going into reception and the staff remembering you. Most of the staff have worked here for as long as I can remember. They are all fantastic and an asset to the team.

Thanks again for looking after us.

Lorraine

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Lorraine

Wow what a fantastic review! Its always rewarding to read such fantastic comments and its great that you always come back to stay with us here at Premier Apartments.

We do find the apartments offer a great alternative to a traditional hotel and our City Centre location is ideal for those wanting to explore Newcastle.

Thank you for the kind comments about the team, I will ensure that your comments are shared with them.

Once again thanks for the great review and we look forward to welcoming back to Premier Apartments Newcastle in the very near future.

Matthew Whittaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Largs, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I would start by recommending booking direct with premier apartments and not through a 3rd party as the process is made easier.

Prices were ok midweek but we felt expensive at weekends. Shared between a group it works out better.

The apartments were clean and spacious although did have a slight odour upon entry but nothing a group of males and a open window cannot handle.
The rest were clean and no faults at all.

Car parking was made easy and check in a breeze with everything explained.
Would definitely recommend to anyone as the location is spot in for nightlife.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and thanks for such great feedback. We do encourage guests to book direct with us or on our own website as we do offer the best rates and have some great special offers.

I am sorry that you experienced an odour in the apartment when you first arrived I will speak with the housekeeping manager as we do have a special air freshener to eradicate such odours and I am pleased that the rest of your apartment was fault free.

Our location is very central and does make a great base for exploring Newcastle and its great that you will be recommending us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Apartments Newcastle or one of our other great locations.

Middlesbrough
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Husband and I stayed here for one night last week and it was certainly 5 star plus in every way. The apartment was imaculate down to the last teaspoon. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The welcome received from the receptionist was first class, I mentioned to her that it was our anniversary and when we went up to the apartment there was a card and a box of chocolates. My thanks to all of the staff for a really great stay. Had another warm welcome at the bar opposite ie Tilleys Bar open very late but a safe place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly we hope that you had a fantastic Wedding Anniversary and we hope you enjoyed your evening at the Theatre. We would also like to thank you for such a glowing review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were so happy with your apartment. Its always great to read such nice comments about the team and I will ensure that these are shared with them.
I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Apartments in the very near future, remember if you are going to be a regular visitor we have a great rewards scheme that you may also like to join, simply ask for details at any of our locations.
Grimsby
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Before I even travelled there I received excellent service from Matthew the manager who was very obliging with my requests. Also the lady on reception on arrival was extremely pleasant and helpful. There were three of us all ladies and we loved the home comforts of being able to relax and have plenty of space so there was no being on top of one another. I did a little research before going and found a Turkish restaurant the 'Ottoman' just around the corner from the apartments opposite St Mary's Church in Clayton St West, do go it was absolutely superb, reasonably priced with excellent service to boot! Also use the open top tour bus which takes you to all the places of interest, we hopped off half way to enjoy lunch in 'The Tyne' Wetherspoons pub housed in an ancient building right by the river and just the job for an inexpensive but tasty lunch. We hopped on and off the bus as required. The apartment is a short walk from Central Station and close to all that is going on. The furniture is comfortable one little niggle however is that the dining chair fabric could do with a thorough clean. However the place was well equipped we had an ensuite shower with the double room and another twin room with a large separate bathroom. It was a huge success with us all. Newcastle people are very friendly and helpful we were sitting in the waiting room at Central Staion when I received a phone call from reception explaining that my sister had left her phone and before you knew it a member of staff had kindly ran around to return it!! Well recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank deedeeGrimsby
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a fantastic review following your stay with us and thank you for hi-lighting myself and I am pleased that I was able to assist you prior to your stay. We do try our upmost to ensure that guests receive as much assistance prior and during there stay with us and its great that we were able to assist you with your needs to ensure that your stay was as you needed.

I am sorry that you found the dining chairs stained this is something that we are currently looking at having deep cleaned and we will be progressing with this in due course.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future to give you the opportunity to explore more of Newcastle.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Staying here for a few days as working close by. So much nicer than a hotel where you have the same four walls to look at and an uncomfortable chair or the bed to relax on! Lots of space, a really comfortable bed and being able to cater for myself is wonderful! Tesco delivered my order as arranged and I'm very happy here. As a woman travelling on my own I feel very safe and secure so no worries on that front. Price wise these apartments are fabulous value, no taxis needed to get into town as its a five minute walk at best. Finally, Annette on reception is lovely, so helpful and friendly! Brilliant place to stay if you're coming to Newcastle.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Angela R
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay and thanks for a great review. Its great that we were able to make your business trip more comfortable and its great that you find the apartments a lot more spacious and home from home that a traditional hotel.

We do find the option of having your on line shop delivered works great and for regular visitors we even offer storage options so if you are a regular visitor we do offer great corporate rates a great rewards scheme and storage options which we would be more than happy to discuss further with you.

I would also like to thank you for the personal comments for Annette this is always great to be hi-lighted and know Annette will be delighted with your review.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Apartments in the very near future.

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed at the Premier Apartments, Newcastle with my husband last week, to celebrate our anniversary and it was absolutely lovely. Got checked in, no hassle, quickly and efficiently and the apartment itself was beautiful. The girl on the reception desk was incredibly helpful and explained everything to us until we knew 100% what we were doing. Spotlessly clean (and I’m a clean freak) and really stylish and modern, with large comfy sofa’s and trendy furniture. Often you are not allowed to open the windows in these style apartments, but you could there, which was definitely a god-send as it was really warm that weekend. There was a fan in the apartment also though, so we could sleep comfortably, even though it was really warm outside.

We took things to cook for breakfast and all their fixtures and fittings in the kitchen are user-friendly and modern. On the second night, we actually just decided to stay in, it was that lovely and get a take-away.

We couldn’t have been more delighted with the place and will definitely go back. If we could give them 20 out of 10 we would!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

What a fantastic review and we are delighted that we were able to make your anniversary stay with us even more memorable.

it was great to read such positive comments about the apartment and the team and it really was a great tribute to the them and I will ensure that your review is shared with them.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Apartments Newcastle in the very near future! Perhaps for a birthday!

Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at Premier Apartments Newcastle for 4 nights during The Ashes Fourth Test (just a short train ride from Newcastle to Chester-Le-Street or Durham if you're a cricket fan).

The underground car-park is a bit on the tight side but the fact it's there is fantastic as I'd struggled to find City Centre apartments with on site parking. The check-in process was smooth - I lost count of the number of times I was called "pet", immediately making me feel that I'd arrived in Newcastle! On getting to our apartment, we were delighted to find that we'd been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment as it gave us more storage space for our cases and somewhere to keep the ironing board up for the duration of our stay! (although we didn't use the second bed as it was not needed). It was also lovely having 2 bathrooms - the en suite to the master bedroom, and a large family bathroom, as it saved us time in the mornings when getting ready to go out. Also, the kitchen is excellently equipped with everything you could possibly need - we even dined in one night, making a curry!

All in all, an excellent location, with hardly any noise outside. Very close to a good selection of bars and restaurants and only about a 10 minute walk to The Bigg Market if that's your thing!

We will definitely go back to Newcastle and use Premier Apartments as a base to explore the North East in more detail. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chez_SocialMediaLady
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review and I wasn't sure if I should have addressed you as "pet".

Its great to read that you found the apartments to be ideal for your needs and our location Is great right in the Heart of the City Centre. The underground car park is a little on the narrow side but as you say it is so convenient to have the on site parking.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and even better that you are going to be coming back!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.