This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. We had a really early flight and I emailed the hotel in advance to see if it was possible to store our bags on arrival. They said that they would see if we could have the room earlier than the 2pm check in but they couldn't promise it. We arrived at the hotel at 9.15am and they had our room ready. Not only that but they told us to help ourselves to breakfast which was still on. We couldn't believe our luck and it was so nice to be able to have a hot drink and something to eat before unpacking in our lovely room.
The rooms are spotless and very nicely decorated, much nicer than most other budget hotels. We had a room on the road side of the hotel but it wasn't really noisy and we left the window open all the time.
The main thing that sets this hotel apart from others was the staff. Everyone was so helpful. Michael working at breakfast has the biggest smile and he was always full of chat. We also saw several of the managers giving people advice on things to see and do in the area. You don't get that kind of personal service in all hotels.
I wont stay anywhere else again in Newcastle and I'll definitely be looking at other Holiday Inn Express hotels in the future. For the price I paid, I have never had a better hotel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of vibrant Newcastle at the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre hotel. Located near Newcastle Central Station, our modern hotel is a short stroll from the city centre's cosmopolitan shops, bars and restaurants. Start your day right at our Express Start buffet breakfast which is always included and enjoy a choice of both hot and continental items. Ask Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's friendly front desk staff for tips on sightseeing and getting around the city. Help yourself to tea and coffee during your business event in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centres 2 air-conditioned meeting rooms. Getting to meetings around Newcastle is a breeze thanks to our proximity to the A1 and train and metro services from the station 300 metres away. Our convenient city-centre location, a short walk from historic St Nicholas Cathedral, makes us a good base for sightseeing. Stroll across the sweeping Gateshead Millennium Bridge for a night out in the Arts Quarter's hip bars and restaurants and head to the huge MetroCentre 3 miles away for hundreds more shopping and entertainment options. After a day's sightseeing, unwind over drinks in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's contemporary bar, open 24 hours, or catch up on email with our free Wi-Fi. Our helpful staff will be happy to order takeaway food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your modern guest room. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn