On first impression the room was clean, but inspection of the bed revealed serious faults. Yes indeed the sheets had been laundered, but sadly retained what were obviously semen stains- pretty yucky and should have been thrown away . The mattress was ripped and the bed base very dusty. A cheap, thin, synthetic, hair-encrusted, plastic-backed mattress protector ensured that little sleep would happen, particularly as air-conditioning wasn't satisfactory and a heavy synthetic duvet raised the temperature. Add to this the constant mega-loud traffic noise and I wasn't very happy in the morning. Dirty grouting in the bathroom and toothpaste stains in the basin completed the room's less-than clean picture.
This hotel is in a convenient central location and staff are lovely, but whoever spends the money here, needs to upgrade standards, employ more house-keeping staff who can do their jobs properly, remove ancient torn mattresses, thoroughly inspect ALL linens and replace stained items. I am not a fanatic, but when I stay in a hotel I need to ensure that my bed is clean - this is a fundamental requirement and everything else pales by comparison. Oh yes- breakfast was adequate. I definitely won't stay here again, but the staff are delightful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of vibrant Newcastle at the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre hotel. Located near Newcastle Central Station, our modern hotel is a short stroll from the city centre's cosmopolitan shops, bars and restaurants. Start your day right at our Express Start buffet breakfast which is always included and enjoy a choice of both hot and continental items. Ask Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's friendly front desk staff for tips on sightseeing and getting around the city. Help yourself to tea and coffee during your business event in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centres 2 air-conditioned meeting rooms. Getting to meetings around Newcastle is a breeze thanks to our proximity to the A1 and train and metro services from the station 300 metres away. Our convenient city-centre location, a short walk from historic St Nicholas Cathedral, makes us a good base for sightseeing. Stroll across the sweeping Gateshead Millennium Bridge for a night out in the Arts Quarter's hip bars and restaurants and head to the huge MetroCentre 3 miles away for hundreds more shopping and entertainment options. After a day's sightseeing, unwind over drinks in Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre's contemporary bar, open 24 hours, or catch up on email with our free Wi-Fi. Our helpful staff will be happy to order takeaway food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your modern guest room. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn