New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Friendly & Helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Liverpool, England
“Friendly & Helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Most of the Holiday Inn Expresses are very similar but what sets one apart from the rest is the quality of the customer service. All the staff I encountered here were friendly and helpful. All the staff said 'good morning/evening' etc rather than averting their eyes to avoid contact like in some hotels. I was here during the week for a couple of nights with work and as I arrived after 5pm and left before 8am all my parking was free in the multi-storey next to the hotel. I will stay here again next time I am in Newcastle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank bluesy
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent great review. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that you had a very pleasant stay at our hotel and thought all the staff were very friendly and helpful. My colleagues and I have recently been doing some new welcome training and this seems to have paid off. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. Once again thank you for the wonderful review and kind words of praise.

Lee Anderson
Guest Service Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Czech first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been conducting a mediation training course at the Holiday Inn in Newcastle City Centre. Whilst its facilities may not be the best, this has been more than made up for by the wonderfully attentive and responsive support given by John, Kimberley and their colleagues. Nothing was too much, they were flexible and always smiling, and I'd recommend the venue for anyone wishing to train or present in an environment where personal attention matters most. Thanks folks!
Neil Robinson
Mediator and Consultant

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cal12, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
DeaDear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your recent stay here Holiday inn express hotel. It makes us very happy here in Newcastle to hear that John and Kimberley exceed your expectations and they will be very pleased with your kind words of praise.

It also makes us happy and proud to hear you will be returning to our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Newcastle in the future.

Best wishes
Lee Anderson
Guest Service Assistant
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Located in central Newcastle a easy short walk from the station. Check in was swift and very friendly.
I had a room on the fourth floor which was well sized, comfy and clean; double bed, sofa, desk, TV, tea and coffee etc. Bathroom again a good size with a walk in shower (so much better than over bath) and quality towels.
Breakfast the usual Holiday Inn Express fare presented as a buffet.
Overall a very pleasant stay in a good hotel with friendly efficient staff at a good price.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed our hotel and thought the staff were friendly & efficient .We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

South Molton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good stay here over the new year hotel is clean a tidy and very welcoming we had one receptionist that would do anything for you on New Year's Day me and my partner were a bit worst for wear and didn't leave the hotel we wanted food and because they didn't do room service lee gave me some takeaway menu and told me he would order for us but the place wouldn't deliver so to save me walking around Newcastle in the dark on my own he went a picked it up for me which so so nice plus I didn't have any shoes on! We did have a problem with housekeeping keep coming into are room on the first day about 4 times they did come in while we were out as well and left our room door open which annoyed me as we had left valuables in the room (passports tickets iPads) but we went down to reception and they sorted it straight away
Could have asked for a better friendlier stay and we will be returning again near the end of the year

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cal12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you fo your great review.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am especially glad that Lee gave such great service to you, he will be thrilled to read such kind words.We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Doncaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

A good location if you are travelling by car or rail. a quiet hotel with no issues on the numerous stays made at such. There is very good Indian restaurant next to the hotel, Akbars, would highly recommend if you like quality food and surroundings. The road to the front of the hotel can be a little loud if you like to sleep with the window open. Overall, a very nice and spotlessly clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ScottDay1
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent comments concerning our Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre.Our Guest Services Team strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and from your comments I can see our team excelled in making you feel welcome and comfortable and I will pass on your comments to all of the Team.
Should you like your window open then simply request a hight floor or room at the back next time and we will ensure your requests are noted. I am also glad you enjoyed Ackbars restaurant as it is one of the staff's favourite
May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Newcastle.

Kind Regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Due to extremely unfortunate circumstances I found myself stranded in Newcastle on Christmas Day.. Originally from Bristol I didn't know the area and couldn't get a train back home until 27th Dec. I phoned the hotel in a very distressed state and I must say the customer service I received was first class. Derek was working that night, he organised a taxi to pick me up and take me to the hotel, when I arrived he made me feel very welcome, he calmed me down, showed me to my room and was extremely pleasant. He took the time to make sure that I was OK before leaving. I cannot thank him enough for the excellent customer service that he showed me. He really is a credit to the hotel. Thank you Derek

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review, We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. This review is also extra special as it mention's Derek, one of my night team who often get forgotten about. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre is a simple and clean hotel close to the Central Station and St James Park. Check-inn was fast and the bedroom and bathroom are average sized but clean. We stayed two nights in room 323, arriving on Saturday December 15 and, although basic, we enjoyed our stay there. There is a free breakfast included in the room rate, but the choice is limited. Only eggs, sausage and cheese. No bacon, ham or mushrooms. But it is a start for your day. If it is busy (in the weekend when Newcastle United has a home match) you will have to wait long before a table becomes available. But with a cheap room rate and a central location, the hotel offers value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from stag or hen nights and other parties because especially during weeken...