“Perfect British tapas bar snacks and great beer,”
Review of The Bridge Tavern

The Bridge Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bridge Tavern is an independent Brewpub & Eatery nestled directly beneath the stanchions of The Tyne Bridge
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Perfect British tapas bar snacks and great beer,”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stopped by here late on a hot afternoon looking for a snack and a quick drink before meeting some friends elsewhere. I was really impressed by the relaxed atmosphere, the decor and the decent musci not too loud - such a contrast to most of the places nearby. The bar staff are knowledgeable and heplful - I was after a weiss bier, the barman talked through the options and I had a lovely obscure Belgian beer I'd never heard of before, but was just the kind of light "blanche" perfect for a hot afternoon. I didn't eat a meal, but did try their bar snacks - which were home made and delicious - I'd ordered pork scratchings, and they were very apologetic when they realised they'd run out but the pigs head croquettes I had in their place were delicious, and with a fantastic sauce - it was like my perfect dream of British tapas. Am looking forward to coming here for a meal.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked this place for a Saturday night just before 7pm (they stop serving food at 7pm on weekends) and were glad we did as I don't think we would have gotten a table otherwise. I ordered our food and drinks at the bar. A few minutes later the barman came down to say that the main course my husband had ordered was all gone so he picked another. The barman gave him back the difference in the price (it was only £1!) and gave him a free pint after dinner too to make up for the mix up. I thought this was great service.
We had chicken wings, fish and chips and and pulled brisket special. Everything was so tasty. The wine was great too.
We stayed on for a couple of drinks after dinner as there was a great atmosphere. A really lovely pub that I will be going back to again.

• Visited July 2014
Gosforth, United Kingdom
“Wow..give this gem a go!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We love it here. Wonderful food, service and a very welcoming atmosphere. Great value for money. My partner loves the burgers I love the sharing plates. There is a good selection of beers too. I definitely recommend you give this place a try

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had dinner here with a family group. Very nice place - good mix of ages and types of people. Super friendly enthusiastic staff - good cocktails which they explained in detail for us - great house wine and selection of home brewed beers. All food was delicious - you can make a reservation for a table but you order at the bar. We had some of the "planks" as a starter - all excellent especial the fishy one. Mains all good sizes. Music got a bit loud but they turned it down for us - everybody seemed to be having a great time and its is LITERALLY under the Tyne Bridge on the Newcastle side. Very comfortable and trendy - liked it so much we went back for a drink on the second night..

• Visited July 2014
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Changing the face of the Quayside.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Without doubt the best thing to happen to the Quayside in years. Not a plastic pub, or a Tesco pub, but a real high quality gem. Great surroundings, love the Beer garden, nice staff, good grub, best chips in town. Love the fact that it's independently owned proving you cannot replicate this quality & passion in a chain.

• Visited June 2014