“Great pub food and local ales” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bridge Tavern

The Bridge Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Bridge Tavern is an independent Brewpub & Eatery nestled directly beneath the stanchions of The Tyne Bridge
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great pub food and local ales”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

There is a great selection of beers in this modern pub. The food is very good - burgers in particular. A mixed crowd on a weekday night - great for casual dining for a couple or a small group.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Five star customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Been to the Bridge Tavern a few times and the food and drink are always excellent as is the atmosphere but what stands it apart is the excellent customer service. We had booked the last table of the night at 6:45 but had big problems with the wheelchair accessible taxi we had booked for a friend. After these problems we were about 45 minutes late - after the kitchen had officially closed. To help them out, we did ring in and give our order over the phone which helped but we we were greeted and seated brilliantly despite the lateness and the staff were really understanding and attentive. No one could blame them if they hadn't served us food but they go above and beyond always with a smile too. We will be back... And on time next time!

Newcastle, England
“Can see this being a regular of ours!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Came here with friends based on my wife's recommendations that she loved the food on her previous visit and knew I would like it with lots of different ales on offer, I was sold! The fact they brew their own impressed me even more, the barrels on display for everyone to see oozes with pride within the premises and the staff are friendly and helpful with anything you have to ask.

It was very quiet when we arrived but it is Easter holidays so I'm expecting all of the regular clientele within this pub to be away on holidays with their kids. There was 4 of us plus my 2 year old son, who had loads of room on the sofa area to run around and be his mischievous self. My wife and I decided to sample to plank of ales, where you get 4 one third pints to try for £5, excellent value. My friend also got the same deal and sampled two of the brewed-on-site ales and he was impressed with them, as we were with ours.

On to the food, the pulled pork bun is delicious with kimchee slaw in a brioche bun, very nice. I was very disappointed in the chips though as they were way over done meaning they left a bitter flavour in the mouth, I had to drown them in tobasco sauce to hide the unpleasant after taste. My wife had the calves liver with garlic butter and sprouting broccoli, it was supposed to be with asparagus but the broccoli was a good substitution made by the waitress. My mate had the flat iron steak and it was HUGE! For only £12 I'm definitely trying that next time as it looked amazing value for money on a steak of that quality. My wife and I also had shell on prawns, which were fresh and sweet, presented well too in a rustic style.

Cask ales and cocktails are the new craze right now and I am 100% behind micro breweries and supporting them whilst the iron is hot! The fact they have Brooklyn Brewery on draft is reason alone to go back there, all of the ales to try and not enough time in the day to do it, can see myself in here regularly during the (hopefully) hot summer days!

Newcastle
“Delicious Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Just had a tasty Sunday lunch at the bridge tavern and had to share. Delicious roast beef, massive Yorkshire pud, veg and tasty gravy. Laid back, cool decor and friendly staff. Highly recommend! Sunday lunches are £11.95, and well worth it.

Goderich, Canada
“Awesome meal and beverages.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our cab driver recommended this place to us so it was pretty much our first stop once we settled in to town. It was just a short walk from our hotel. Our meals were fantastic and so were the drinks. I had the flat iron steak and my wife had the fish and chips. Both meals were excellent.