“Just great” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Hancock
Ranked #624 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitley Bay, England, United Kingdom
“Just great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I went with a few mates for a night out and at the gates we were check for ID before we were at the bar. It was a very busy Thursday night we went but they do £1 a pint on Thursdays. Drink wise, it is £3 for double vodka and whatever you have in it and shots are relatively cheap.
They do food as well but I have yet to try it. They have deals on for curry and a pint for £5+ depending on the curry you get, I assume.
I have also heard about the yellow card which is available for students for discounts in a chain of pubs. There is a jukebox, which you have to pay for as well, but there are decent variety of songs played. The service was good despite being busy, glasses were collected when possible. I think prices should be made clearer in the bar and on their website though as I was unsure till I bought a drink.
Overall, I enjoyed going and I will go again with friends.

• Visited December 2013