“Impromptu Coffee On A Hot Summer Day”

The Parlour at Blagdon
More attraction details
Owner description: The Parlour at Blagdon is situated within the Blagdon Estate, just a stone's throw from Northumberlandia. We offer idyllic, rustic and rural surroundings for a delicious meal or drinks within Poppy's Tea Room; a beautiful Grade 2 listed building formerly used as a Smithy. Whether it's a warm summer afternoon or a crisp winter morning we have food and drinks to suit every occasion ranging from cakes & traybakes, snacks & platters to light lunches. You can also enjoy either a pot of tea next to our log burning stove or a glass of wine in the Garden Room. Our food is traditional fayre with an Italian feel and is freshly made to order. Additionally, The Parlour is home of Marcantonio's Ice Cream, all manufactured on-site and based upon the award-winning recipe originally created over 100 years ago in Picinisco, Italy. We also offer a wide range of specialty plants and imaginative gifts. Our younger visitors can explore our outdoor play area whilst you sit back and relax. Well behaved pets are always welcome within our grounds and we are just 1 mile from the A1 Seaton Burn roundabout with ample car parking available on site. The Parlour at Blagdon: a destination with a difference.
northumberland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Impromptu Coffee On A Hot Summer Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Though I have driven past here many times since it opened I had no idea what was hidden behind the fence so hadn't been particularly tempted to try it. A friend and I called for an impromptu coffee on a scorching hot Sunday afternoon in July. I was amazed when we drove in that there were so many cars parked as the car park can not be fully seen from the road. We sat at one of the few vacant bistro tables outside and had coffee. We didn't order food as we'd already eaten but we saw diners being served with what appeared to be fresh, colourful food with lots of interesting salads and pasta dishes. Though often not synonymous with old stone buildings the interior is bright and airy and the decor a mix of old and new. Plants are very reasonably priced and there is a lovely quirky little shop in what would have been an outbuilding that sells all sorts of goods for the home and garden, great for gift ideas. We met some friends from the local village who had called for an ice cream at The Parlour, they told us it is now a regular haunt for them and that it is always busy even on cooler days. I'm not sure how I hadn't heard how fantastic this place is, since I've been I've heard lots of good reports about it, next time we'll go for lunch...and maybe even an ice cream.

Visited July 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice setting not so good service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We came on a Sunday for a relaxing coffee and a bite to eat after asking for several things on the menu they didnt have we put out order in. 10 minutes later still sitting on a dirty table a toasted tea cake arrived no cutterly the other scone or any drinks. Ten minutes later we finally got our drinks and the scone dumped on a plate and when we mentioned the long wait in between a snotty waitress said well we've been busy! We were not bothered about waiting but would have like a clean table and for it to all come together!
Very nice location though!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank JTaylor347
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“ice cream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

An inviting place with a good atmosphere. A warm day so went for the snickers ice cream in a waffle cone. It was tasteless! My mam had a tub of the toffee fudge which did at least have some taste. I liked the set up so will give it another chance but will not buy the ice cream.

Visited September 2013
Morpeth, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not for a QUICK coffee!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stopped here on our way to the airport to catch a flight. Luckily we had an hour to spare as the 2 coffees took over half an hour to appear. My decaff latte was cool enough to drink in one gulp, my daughters Americano needed time to cool to drink. Probably won't go again which is a pity as the decor and garden looked lovely...... maybe in we have an hour to spare......

Visited August 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Immaculate parlour with beautiful plants & ice cream to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Went with my family late Saturday afternoon after visiting Northumberlandia nearby. We sat in the lovely surroundings to enjoy their ice cream made on site. I had passion fruit & the taste was fresh creamy & delicate. I bought some little gifts in the shop for my nieces then we spent some time looking at their vast array of unusual herbs to buy eg. Chocolate mint, grapefruit mint & Ginger mint....will definitely return.

Visited August 2013