“I'd happily eat here every night!”
Review of Antico Restaurant

Antico Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Starter's were delicious. Main courses were fabulous and the desserts were to die for. I found the staff to be really helpful and very pleasant polite. We've been before during happy hour and the experience was the same.
The decor is very nice too and the atmosphere is lively but not so loud that you can't have a conversation at your table. Excellent value for money £55 for 2x 3 courses and 2 alcoholic drinks.

1  Thank mohn1

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Without a doubt the best Italian I have ever eaten at. The service, atmosphere and more importantly, the food, was faultless. Everything was utterly delicious! We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble even though the staff knew we were not from 'these parts' and would unlikely return in the near future, this did not matter in the slightest! Highly recommended! Thanks for a great evening on our first visit to Newcastle. :-)

1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Can't recommend this place enough! What fabulous staff, atmosphere and food!! Thanks so much for a great evening (your desserts were to die for... Although dark chocolate soufflé wins over white...Just, haha!) never been made to feel as welcome in any restaurant (And I eat out a lot!)

1  Thank Diddles28
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed in Jesmond with two friends and came across the restaurant walking down the road looking for somewhere to eat. We couldn't have found a better place! The food was perfect, the service was quick, and there is a great italian atmosphere. We ended up coming again the day after too! One word to describe this place is perfect!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I love this place!!
Every time I have been the food can not be faulted , so tasty!

My boyfriend and I went for dinner last night, eating from the early bird menu which is such great value!
The Early bird menu runs from 5pm - 6:30pm and starters are £3.95 and then pizza/pasta £5.95

I ordered the Garlic mushrooms to start, which were so tasty, I would say best I've had.
I then had the Carbanara taglatellie which was also so tasty, sometimes when you have it in restaurants it is very bland and just tastes of cream - not this one it had so much taste - I was so full but had to finish it!
To make it even better my 2 courses only came to £10!

My boyfriend had the calamari to start and steak as a main - he said it was so good . They are such good portions even though we ate from the early bird menu.

The staff are very attentive and friendly too!

I would recommend for a nice meal after work or a weekend with friends as it has a great atmosphere when busy!