“Newcastle City Guides”

Newcastle City Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a group of enthusiastic, well-trained volunteers who, with NewcastleGateshead Initiative, share a passion for the history, heritage and culture of our great city. We provide entertaining and fully researched historical walks around Newcastle, Gateshead and surrounding areas as well as opening Grey's Monument to visitors once a month: All money received for our tours is used to fund and develop our services to our visitors
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Each year I try to do some of the city Guide Tours as they are really informative and good value. This year so far I have done two of the new tours - Jesmond and St Georges and Grass Roots Gosforth. I really enjoyed both as I learn more about Newcastle with every tour.

1  Thank Wilts57_13
There are newer reviews for Newcastle City Guides

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have done walks by the cityguides before and they are very informative and you learn lots about history. This year I have bought a season ticket so I can do lots of walks. So far I have walked past buildings I never knew existed in the city centre, such as a tower off market street. The guides cover different areas of the city centre and also further afield as I was in west jesmond on sunday. The guides are volunteers but they present there information in a professional manner and also carry old maps of the city to enhance the walking experience.

1  Thank Elke M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Joined a walk with Newcastle City guides for the first time today along with my 14 year old son. We did the Ouseburn Valley walk which was hosted by our guide Steve who presented all the information in a very down to earth but professional manner. The walk took about 1 hour 45 minutes and right from the first minute it was informative, interesting and quite humerous as Steve told us tales from the past about various buildings etc along the way. The group was small enough to be able to hear everything that was being said so it meant that you did not miss a thing. It was what i would term an easy walk as they were few steps or banks to climb so would be really good for all ages and levels of fitness. Overall I would thoroughly recommend this walk and I intend to make sure I do more of the walks advertised in the City Tours brochure. The cost is usually £4 but I had been given a season ticket as a gift so it was free and under 16s accompanied by an adult go free as well.

4  Thank Colhunt