“Great meeting place”

Ranked #669 of 1,332 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Bar, Diner, Sheesha Garden & all weather heated terrace. Happy Hour every night for your chance to win FREE drink! We have a private bar available for functions and a fabulous Cocktail Lounge also available for private hire! We serve World Beers, Cask Ales, Cocktails, and Tea & Coffee too!
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited this pub many years ago and returned to see if changes had been made. The answer no! There were many TV screens showing sport, a nice separate cocktail lounge, very interesting decor and a wonderful experience from the norm. Great for students to meet. If needing to eat elsewhere, many other restaurants in very close walking distance. Even a Waitrose store if needed.

1  Thank Anthony J
The Malhotra G, Manager at Osbornes, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thanks Keith for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are pleased that you enjoyed Osbornes as much as you did when you previously visited. We hope that you will join us again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The staff are rude, service is rubbish and the cocktail my wife had didn't taste anything like what it should have. Having both gone to Uni in Northumbria and returned 9 years later to relive our student haunts, we expected more. My wife ordered a cocktail and the barman just said No, can't make it and then stared at us, she ordered another drink and he just chucked something together that tasted really bad. We both worked in bars at Uni and back then, they invested in their staff and taught them customer care skills and how to make drinks properly. I think they are just all about the money. Shame.

The Malhotra G, Manager at Osbornes, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Sorry about your recent experience at Osbornes. We are soon to launch a new cocktail menu and all staff have received recent training so that incidents like this one does not occur again. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback to help improve our services for the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great bottle of Prosecco for £16. 95 , nice little booths to sit in .good atmosphere . Can get really busy with students .

The Malhotra G, Manager at Osbornes, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Glad that you enjoyed your time at Osbornes and enjoyed your bottle of prosecco we hope to see you again soon. Thankyou for taking the time to write this review,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

there were 4 of us on a girly weekend, this bar was round the corner from our hotel so came here during the day, very stylish pub and very comfortable, staff were very friendly even got a free sample of the strawberry beer :) drink prices were reasonable £3.10 for spirit n mixer. definatly reccomend atmosphere was lively during the day and even better in the evening :) will be returning soon!!

The Malhotra G, Manager at Osbornes, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Osbornes and were satisfied with our drink prices too. We hope to see you again next time your visiting the area. You could even try staying in our joint hotel The New Northumbria?! Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

As a student in the area I have attended this bar several times and have had more than one bad visit. On the positive side there is a good ambience and lots of comfy seating. However, on one occasion the tonic water had ran out and we were offered an alternative after waiting 20 minutes for them to try and change the pump. We received a glass of wine instead but were given no money or refund despite the previous drinks being more expensive. Tonight I visited again and had the most hideous tasting mojito that I actually left. It tasted like minty water. While these are mistakes that I am sure happen occasionally at many restaurants the reason I have given this a poor is the reaction of the woman behind the bar on both occasions. She has been rude the last few times I have been in there and given no smile or seemed freely willing to actually provide help. I asked her on my last visit if a certain cocktail was served 'long'. She didn't even look me in the eye and told me they don't do large cocktails. I thought a barmaid would know what I meant by a 'long' cocktail or at least have the courtesy to come and ask me what I meant. By her clothes I think she might be one of the managers but she is so impolite that you feel like you aren't even wanted in the bar. We headed to Mr Lynch instead this evening where they cocktails are fab. I say don't put them on the menu if you can't make them! Shall be convincing my friends to try elsewhere next time to begin with!