“Wouldn't bother if you need GF food...”
Review of The Mile Castle

The Mile Castle
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went for lunch on a Saturday and it was chaos. Run out of a lot of food choices. Wetherspoons have GF on the menu, at least they did until the new menu...one main course option of chicken skewers and salad - but without the chips as they coat them in something non GF. Why oh why do these places do that?! Thought all you needed to make chips was a potato, some oil and a fryer, but must have got that wrong. So that goes for every Wetherspoons in the land. Can't see many coeliacs bothering, including me.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Been here numerous times now and always seem to be drawn back whenever we visit newcastle.
Ideally located near the train station and city centre, the mile castle is big and comfortable with 3 floors each with a desperate bar to order food and drink from.
Very popular with stag and hen parties as a 'meeting place' but very popular with locals as well.
The food is typical wetherspoons microwaved ingredients but I've always enjoyed any food I've had from here and the drinks are always cheap.

1  Thank Vandango86
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place nice food can't go wrong another weatherspoons type place. Great bar for night life can get very busy butvhas more seats upstairs if u would like to sit and chat.
Great place will be bk

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Spread over 3 floors this is actually a decent pub for a Weatherspoons.

They have a good selection of beer, including guest ales from local breweries and seem to always have some sort of deal on - the last time I was in I benefitted from a jaiger bomb deal but god knows why I don't even like the stuff.

I've tried the food here a couple of times and for bog standard pub grub it's Ok; you don't wait long for it and its a decent sized portion and you can usually get a pint as part of a meal deal offer thingie.

If I can describe the floors I'd say ground = for food and boozing; 1st = for chatting and boozing; 2nd for dancing and boozing - even I found myself dancing in here once, how bizarre :-)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great food and drink! Nothing at all to complain about! Except for one man who wouldn't stop standing in front of the TV while we were trying to watch The National!! :P