Review Highlights
Manicures and massage

Me and 2 friends were visiting Newcastle for the weekend for birthday celebrations. My friends... read more

Reviewed November 3, 2015

from $76.19
from $62.23
from $88.89
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2019

I recently got a tan here and firstly they didn’t offer a light tan which is unfair to those who would want a lighter tan. Because of this i had no choice but to go with medium but this tan didn’t even show up and I was still pale. The staff were understanding and did another layer for me but the quality of the tan was not up to the standard of what i payed for.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

My friend booked this for both of us. We had a really relaxing time and I was very impressed with the overall package, the quality of the treatments and the little extras. A platter of fruit on arrival, big fluffy bathrobes and slippers, water and juices whenever. Time in the steam room, a wonderful massage & facial and afternoon tea with bubbles completed a wonderful day and experience.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Very relaxing, huge afternoon tea, good value for money. Easy to find too, as I had not previously been to the area.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017

My partner treated me to a massage at City Retreat after finishing exams for my master's degree; I'd been looking forward to it for several stressed out weeks. Unfortunately, it was not the pampering experience I'd been hoping for as the room was unbearably noisy, with loud mechanical noises, talking, and banging throughout the entire treatment. Really, really not ideal.

I discussed this with the manager afterwards and she explained the noise was from spray tanning sessions and there was nothing they could do about it. She took £5 pounds off the price. I left feeling quite upset and worse than when I went in. It's a bit of an insult to ask us to hand over more than £100 for what turned out to be an hour of tolerating loud noises. It was undoubtedly my worst ever spa experience.

I have had poor service at many restaurants and establishments over the years but have never left a negative review. My experience, however, compelled me to write this. I cannot recommend this spa, and would not return.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank 73QWERTY
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Had a fantastic afternoon in this little gem of a spa .
My friend and I chose the time for me spa package and I can honestly say I had one of the best facials I've ever had.
Myself and my friend have visited many spas around the world and we both felt the service here was superb. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We felt as though we were in our own personal spa , the afternoon tea was delicious and freshly made all washed down with a glass of bubbly !
We will definitely return , I can't wait!

Date of experience: August 2017