Review Highlights

Reviewed November 3, 2015
vicky m
Bristol, United Kingdom
Fantastic spa afternoon!

My friend booked this for both of us. We had a really relaxing time and I was very impressed with... read more

Reviewed December 2, 2018

from $76.35
from $76.35
from $62.35
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Had a fantastic afternoon in this little gem of a spa .
My friend and I chose the time for me spa package and I can honestly say I had one of the best facials I've ever had.
Myself and my friend have visited many spas around the world and we both felt the service here was superb. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We felt as though we were in our own personal spa , the afternoon tea was delicious and freshly made all washed down with a glass of bubbly !
We will definitely return , I can't wait!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I booked my girlfriend a trip to City Retreat. She said it was the best experience she has ever had at a salon. She opted for the manicure and has not stopped mentioning how good it was. It put a massive smile on her face and as a result meant that she allowed me to go and watch the match without any complaint. Result!! :-)

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed November 3, 2015

Me and 2 friends were visiting Newcastle for the weekend for birthday celebrations. My friends boyfriend booked for surprise treatments for us all.

We arrived to the salon and the lady was very friendly on greeting and offered us coffe while we waited for our friend to have out back massage. We explained that originally we had been booked for manicures but had just had our nails done so would we be able to have a pedicure instead. The lady totally understood and was able to change the treatment accordingly for us!
We were taken down to a room at the back where we all had our pedicures done, we were even offered prosecco and strawberries!
All the staff were lovely and friendly and if I lived local I would definitely return for more treatments! Thank you!

Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

This is a long overdue review of this amazing salon. I've been going here for a range of treatments for a number of years now and have tried many other big name spas in the area and none of these come close to City Retreat. If you want results every time you visit in sumptuous surroundings, then this salon is for you. Therapists are extremely friendly and trained to a very high standard, paying special care and attention to every treatment. Special mention to Louise on reception who goes the extra mile to make sure you book the treatment that's right for you and makes you feel welcome every visit but the girls are all fantastic and will make you feel quickly at ease. An absolute gem and a true retreat in the city.

Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I had the Spa experience with back massage and facial, and afternoon tea. A lovely relaxing afternoon and a fantastic massage. Staff were friendly and attentive. Will definitely be going back.