“The best Turkish in Newcatle”

Ottoman Turkish Newcastle
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Ottoman Turkish Restaurant, We are a friendly Turkish eatery located on Clayton Street. We are proud to serve the finest and freshest ingredients, bringing a true taste of Turkey to the heart of Newcastle. Whether it be hummus and pita's, Turkish Moussaka, or one of our mouth watering BBQ dishes, we have something to please everyone.
newcastle
“The best Turkish in Newcatle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a family dinner here last night and must say was very impressed!! Food was fantastic and the staff really friendly . All at a good price too ! Will become a regular spot for us ! Well done

3 Thank NewcastleMarkone

Washington, United Kingdom
“the amazing Ottoman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Visited the Ottoman last night for the first time. We were 10 ladies with mixed experience in Turkish food, We were advised to try the mixed meze, hot and cold, It was fantastic, we had humus, cacik, dolma, kisir, fasulye, borek, and a couple of others i am sure, all served with warm pitta bread, service was excellent. We had a mixture of main courses, i chose the kleftiko, slow cooked lamb in a very spicy Ottoman sauce, served with a rather large boiled potato, no other veg, bit a lovely portion of delicious Turkish rice. Very filling, rounded off with a lovely bottle of dry Turkish wine, starters, main and wine and the bill came to around £20 a head, very good value, service and atmosphere was excellent, easy access from central station, can only say, food and service so much better than the other Turkish restaraunt RED MEZE that has had the monopoly for so long, WELL DONE OTTOMAN, u r the real Turkish restaraunt in Newcastle, will be bak to see you very very soon .

3 Thank bev123015
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“This turkish restaurant is in newcastle which is a busy city at times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to the ottoman today for my lunch. Different menu to choice from you have a lunch time speacial which is value for money. and the dishes which where on offer.i love turkish food and it was my first time their and it won't be my last.i be going back to this restaurant on a weekly basic and the staff where so friendly asked if i enjoyed my meal .i got to say the food was to die for

2 Thank shirleydunn2008
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic tasty food !!!! Love it !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This resturant is a little gem I have eaten hear 2 times and both times the food is superb !! We opted for the mixed hot platter to share delicious !! The Albanian liver is fantastic my favourite dish so far my friends had lamb chops and lamb shish both where outstanding the salads and rice are so beautifully flavoured this really is the best food I have eaten in Newcastle !!! We went through the wk and there where a few people in ,I took my family they loved the food , my mum is a conosur off lamb chops lol she said they where the best !!!
i popped in On Saturday with a friend 5 star food and service and the place was packed all I can say is the quality off the food is superb please try this place I can guarantee you won't be disappointed I will definitely be back very soon compliments to the chef well done guys a great venue and fantastic food and good friendly service at a very reasonable price!! This place will be busy every night serving this quality off food !!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank shann1970
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Turkish delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went to restaurant on special voucher. Food did not disappoint. Shared starter was a cold platter with 5 different starters to sample the nicest of which were the broad beans.
We chose different dishes, all very tasty. The food is reasonably priced, comparable to the other Turkish restaurant, Red Mezze. Only problem is that there was not enough rice to satisfy 2 men's appetite. We had to order bread as extra too. Would definitely go back but I hope that the portion sizes increase.

• Visited June 2013