“worth a visit!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a groupon deal and were impressed with the menu and there was no restriction on what we could order, although we had to pay difference if we picked anything over 2.95 for a starter and 9.99 for a main course.
there was only 1 table filled (it was a tuesday night) when we were in so the atomsphere was not exactly exciting but we could see some people getting some dance lessons in the background. ordered nachos and potato skins for starters, which were lovely. got fahitas (mexican lime steak) which were accompanied by lots of dips and cheese, although nice they were a bit too tomatoey and spicey for me and also got mexican chilli tacos, which were nice. we did not get desserts as we were full. would go again to this restauranted. enjoyed the food and im sure it is great there on a weekend when it is fuller.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went on a Groupon to find it must be the same owners of El Tortilla in Whitley Bay. Menus, music etc appeared all the same. Glad to find out so was the food. After a huge bowl of Nachos smothered in salsa, sour cream and guacamole, which was lovely, we went for the fajitas. Again, Hot, fresh and very tasty.
Not sure how well this restaurant will do situated on Heaton Road just off Shields Road.
Web site shows that they do Salsa classes and cater for hen nights etc.
As i say, great food, great service and good decor.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Four of us went on a Groupon deal, without massive expectations since we've found most Groupon deals are OK,ish rather than spectacular, however what a nice surprise! With regard to the Groupn deal, the resturant was quite happy to take the value of the voucher off the final bill and just let you pick whatever you wanted.

The resturant is clean and the staff very friendly, I had nachos to start and it was a big bowl, they were hot with loads of cheese, salsa and guacamole, the rest of the family had skins which they said were spot on. For the main course we all had Fajitas 3 steak and one mixed, and again it was very tasty and we all had full bellies by the time we finished. The service wasn't lightning, but the meal only took 2 hours from start to finish and everything was cooked fresh so it never seemed a problem.

The cocktails the women were drinking were great and not at all industrial like some of the bars in Newcastle, and we got a free Mexican liqueur afterwards. All in all I can thoroughly recommend this resturant !

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited with my family, the portions were massive...
Enjoyed a starter and main course, and could not eat it all.
Food was of good quality, and servce was first rate, we arrived at 5:00pm, with an online booking, but the rfestaurant didn't open until 5:30, however this was not an issue to them, and they opened early for us.
The restaurant was very quiet, maybe because of the time, but I will be visiting again to enjoy the food, make sure you are hungry before arriving!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked a groupon some months back, expecting a Peruvian restaurant but when we finally got round to using the voucher this evening the restaurant seemed to be called 'la tortilla' a Mexican.
I don't like writing such terrible reviews but I feel I should on this occasion.
Initially tried to book a table some days ago. No answer to phone and no reply to emails. In the end turned up and there was plenty of space.
The waiter struggled with basic tasks such as taking us to a table and taking our order. Ordered our food from the menu (not the same menu as on the website) and waited... And waited. 50 mins later we were presented with basic, oily bland starters, garlic bread and mushrooms with cheese. Ok for the price we thought. Then after a short while I suddenly felt rather unwell, very unlike me and had to rush away from the table.
Didn't fancy our mains after this, and wanted to leave but as we had paid we didn't want to make a scene so waited again... An whole hour from our starters we were presented with our food, again bland, oily, and not what was described on the menu.

Overall a terrible experience, one I don't wish upon anyone. Although I obviously can't be 100% sure I was unwell due to this restaurant, I'm pretty convinced and I will not return.

1  Thank Lucyer321