“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nino's Jesmond - CLOSED

Nino's Jesmond
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: New restaurant: http://www.tripadvisor.com/7155444
Newcastle
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I went to Nino's on a Groupon voucher, which is something we do regularly to try out new restaurants and if we like them we go back.
At Nino's we not only experienced very good, well prepared food, but also an outstanding waitress (Sophie).
We returned to the restaurant (6th April) where once again we were fortunate enough to be served by Sophie, who is one of the most pleasant and helpful waitresses I have ever come across. Once again the food was excellent, I would highly recommend the mussels to start with, especially if you have a healthy appetite.
We shall definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JandCNewcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New chef required”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

A friend and I ate at Nino's on a recent Saturday night. The restaurant, which is a pleasant welcoming environment was moderately busy. The staff are friendly and overall the service was good however the food failed to match the rest of the package, especially the main courses which were of a very low standard. My friend had Risotto which was like rice pudding it was so overcooked and I had the spicy sausage casserole which was over seasoned and the sausages were undercooked and tough. Unfortunately this is yet another run of the mill Italian restaurant that makes you yearn for good traditional Italian food cooked with fresh ingredients

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Richard D
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beatiful food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on the 28th of March, we are long term customers of Nino's in the Gate in Newcastle. The food was of an excellent standard , the staff are very friendly and the service was superb, however I have 1 caviat , there is simply not enough food , the portion sizes are much smaller than the Nino's in the Gate, and for this reason alone we will stick to the Nino's in the Gate. Much better value for money and the staff, service and food is the same. None the less we enjoyed our visit, Increase portion sizes and we would return.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding service & Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband came in for dinner as we had seen all the positive feedback. This restaurant definitely deserves 5*

The service was fantastic, the waitresses were so lovely and very helpful!

There menu offers a lot of choices so you won't go hungry.

We were informed of a function room they have upstairs for birthdays and meetings. I think I will suggest this for my mothers 60th in April!

Well Done Ninos! We shall definitely return!

1 Thank Yummyfood24
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Lovely food staff and surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Visted here with a groupon on a Saturday night. We were only the 2nd party in but within half an hour the place was half full which gave a nice atmosphere.

Potato skins were tasty as were the wings, however the wings were really greasy which is my only complaint about the whole meal.

For mains you could still get 50/50 pizza and pasta which I was surprised was allowed with the groupon. Pasta and pizza were cooked to perfection.

We were so full so declined dessert I am sure these are as tasty as the other courses tho!

House red was delicious, it took us a while to catch the waitresses eye to order more drinks but only a minor complaint. The waiter who served us at the beginning was really friendly, not sure of his name but explained the groupon really well and was generally just friendly!

Will return with or without a groupon, this is so much nicer than ninos in the gate.

1 Thank MissSparkles345