“always a pleasure to visit”

Aneesa's Buffet Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A buffet restaurant with a difference! An exceptional range of a la carte quality food available on the buffet for one set price.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

After eating at a few buffet places in the town , this is by far the best , yes it is a little more expensive than some of the others but is well worth it.
Starters are top notch , particularly the lamb chops , in fact you could just eat the starters and be happy , chicken tikka is great , good bhaji's , dips are lovely , popadoms are always fresh and plentiful , feature of this place is the quality and attention to detail , food is constantly replaced and replenished , checked by staff to make sure each section is topped up .
Drinks are reasonable enough , ask for water if you like and you will be given a jug full.
Big fan of the desserts , rice pudding has a good hint of rose water , not sure if they still do it but there is a hot pud with carrot which is worth a go !
Much better than the south shields version .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Would recommend aneesa,s to anyone the food as absolutely amazing and for people who are not to keen on curries there's pizzas and a section that cooks stir fry,s ,you even get the choice of what y want in it it's up to you ,my husband says they are very nice :) my only complaint is everything is so nice I don't know what to choose and end up eating too much LOL .also want to complement the staff who are very friendly especially the young girl with blonde hair who see,s people to the tables she makes you feel right at home and if it wasn't for her me and my husband would never have tried the lassi. Also would like to say thank you for the free meals that I won in the mocktail comp will have to try it next time we in

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My 3rd visit and all 3 were excellent! Fantastic Food, Great Atmosphere & Mouthwatering Deserts! Drove from London to Middlesborough and thought why not take another 40minute drive to Newcastle for simply one of the best restaurants I have visited so far! 5*****, well worth the 5 hour drive from london !

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took a few family and friends to help celebrate my son's 16th birthday we all really enjoyed our evening and the staff were very helpful and friendly . The food was fantastic and so much choice even for my five year old niece she loved the different types of puddings she could try. The dishes of all the different types of Indian food were constantly being refilled and there was always plenty of choice. I would definately recommend this restaurant to anyone and we will be back again very soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is my favourite restaurant, delicious food, staff are friendly and helpful and there is a wide variety of food to choose from. I have told all of my friends and family to go here :)